2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Now Jack Perry is full heel I'd actually be very behind him telling Christian "You were right" and them reuniting and being a full time tag team. It'd give a boost to the currently somewhat lacking tag division and would give Perry the perfect training ground to learn how to wrestle as a heel.

I could definitely see that happening, with Christian encouraging Luchasaurus to team with Perry, so that "all three of them can be champions", playing into his character. 

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Plenty of backstage promos to get your teeth stuck into too. The stuff with BCC, Mox and Renee, and the Dark Order and Elite were real important storyline pushing stuff. Same as the Omega and Ospreay stuff. Not so much QT Marshall and Johnny Nobody.

I've no idea what she's like in-ring, but Harley Cameron has impressed me with her character work. That's something the AEW Women's Division needs more of, I think - if she can wrestler (or wrestle well enough) she could end up being a valuable addition to the roster. 

I actually really enjoyed the MJF/Cole stuff - I don't think it'll take my preferred path (that being, MJF turning babyface) - but the dynamic between them is a lot of fun. 

Eddie Kingston is already proving why it was such a bad idea to send him down to ROH when they did - I don't think there's a more believable wrestling character out there, he's so bloody good. 

It was a bit weird that they didn't reference Danielson's injury at all, unless I missed it. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I actually really enjoyed the MJF/Cole stuff - I don't think it'll take my preferred path (that being, MJF turning babyface) - but the dynamic between them is a lot of fun. 

Agree with this. It's looking like a potentially really good midcard story. Problem is MJF is the World Champion. MJF should be doing main event level stories.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Agree with this. It's looking like a potentially really good midcard story. Problem is MJF is the World Champion. MJF should be doing main event level stories.

I suppose it could transition into something that feels really important. For example, if the tag run ends up being a lot of fun throughout the tournament, before MJF brutally turns on Cole, it might produce a match people want to see. Or, alternatively, if they were to turn MJF face through this pairing (they won't, but stick with me) - you could end up having really exciting feuds with CM Punk and Jon Moxley; or even a compelling feud with Christian, who is arguably the most over heel in the company right now. 

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

His title reign reminds me of Punk's long heel run where he was second if not third down the card for most of it.

It's strange, AEW absolutely botched Hangman Page's title run also, in spite of him feeling red hot before the run - and, weirdly - after. I don't think the title run exposed any limitations Page had, it was just mishandled. The same goes for MJF. Personally, I think it's down to long-term storytelling. Before Hangman was champion, he was involved in a very long-term, well-told story with The Elite. He's now in a long-term story again. However, during his title run there wasn't much long term storytelling - he went from feuding with one challenger, to the next. 

The same goes for MJF - prior to his title run, he was involved in lengthy storylines with Cody, Jericho, Punk and Wardlow. Since becoming champion, he's gone from challenger to challenger, without ever really having the kind of deep storyline that he can sink his teeth into. Hopefully whatever is going on with Adam Cole can morph into that. 

• Paid Members

I would like an A0 sized panorama photograph of Sting in mid-air, gliding with all the majesty of a Buzz Lightyear, suspended in animation in-between the ladder and Sammy G laid out on two tables. Because that moment, right fucking there, is why I love pro wrestling. What an incredible visual. What an incredible man. 

Love, love, LOVED the Dark Order getting reinserted to Hangman's story. Brilliant workrate/storyline match. Evil Uno just going for Page was great. Nice to see it wasn't a one and done either with them walking off.

Hangman apologising to Silver for taking his head off. Poor lad, come on Adam, own up, you got a bit giddy getting your gaslighty pals back, but what about little Johnny Hungee!?

12 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

My favourite moment was Orange Cassidy high-fiving a young girl with an OC sign and her going absolutely bananas and screaming her head off in ecstatic joy. Love that wholesome babyface stuff. 

For every negative story you hear about the business, there's the running theme of OC fist bumping kids that come dressed as him. It's my favourite wholesome thing in wrestling.