Compelled to give an alternative take on here, since the acclaim I read convinced me to watch it. Granted I've watched like three episodes of Dynamite since 2020 but fuck me I didn't like that show at all.

I dislike the structure of Dynamite, always coming off like a mini-PPV. Sure, it's generous and everybody's working very hard but why care about the next match or segment when I see a 30 minute time limit draw with multiple apron bumps and a big table spot? And why get excited and part with my cash for a PPV when they basically give you one for free every week? The major spots in MJF/Cole were alright but neither are compelling enough for me to want to see them go 30, and especially not to open a TV episode.

Darby: "I can hear this crowd is really starting to like you, Sammy!" / Crowd: "BOOOOOO!!" - maybe should have taken that line out on the fly, Darby! Don't think Sammy will be a mega-babyface any time soon if they're booing that he's expecting a little girl. Sting & Jericho in the ring together for the first time is pretty cool at least.

Give Orange Cassidy a week off, bloody hell. I don't mind him really but the more I see him, the more stale the act gets to me. Tony can't help himself, every episode I've watched recently there he is having a 15+ minute match.

Pretty sure The Elite could be in there with prime Kenta Kobashi, Terry Funk & Bret Hart and have the exact same match. I was bored of this in 2016, it's pure wretched now. Biggest hacks in the game. Yuta taking another meaningless apron bump from a powerbomb, did anybody remember it and did it enhance your enjoyment of the show at all?

Don't really like the New Japan guys, especially not the Brits, so I won't be bothering with Forbidden Door.

That's confirmed to me I don't need to watch Dynamite for the forseeable future, shame because I really do like so much of their roster - they have Bryan Danielson for fuck sake, the greatest of the 21st century. I will check out what the Punk show has to offer, I'm intrigued as to whether they structure it any differently since I think there's room to try and cater to a totally different kind of wrestling fan with it - you might even get the first good 'brand warfare' angle from it. Probably not, like, but I can hope for one more day at least.

Edited by sj5522

25 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Granted I've watched like three episodes of Dynamite since 2020...

25 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Give Orange Cassidy a week off, bloody hell. I don't mind him really but the more I see him, the more stale the act gets to me. Tony can't help himself, every episode I've watched recently there he is having a 15+ minute match.

OIP.J5Vy6Auon_udo5RqOsH63AAAAA?pid=ImgDe

I was going to post the gif with the clapping oval head shaped guy with the wide open mouth, but I can't bring myself to be that much of an arsehole.

• Paid Members

Until I read the posts in here I had it in my head that Brian Cage shared a commonality with Batista, that The Warlord was also Cage's favourite as a nipper. I thought Warlord must have bit the dust so Cage decided to play dress up. 

Second the opinion that it's a look he should keep. 

5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

With all the incredible matches that are going to happen in the next week is it weird that the one I'm most excited about is the Jarrett vs Briscoe Concession Stand Brawl tonight?

Most emotionally invested I have been in an aew match in forever as Jeff says he’s leaving if he doesn’t win