Wrestling's Top Twitter 2023

The Gaffer

• Paid Members

Had absolutely no idea which thread to put this in, so seeing as I saw it on Twitter, it's getting flung in here. 

This is a cracking from Seth to be fair, instead of ignoring the question, he goes in two footed whilst wearing double denim, daft glasses and a fantastic cowboy hat.

• Paid Members

Wrestling game related, and a perfect chance to discuss if the reversal system really was broken, but this chap seemingly just posts AKI wrestling related facts, going so far as to just do roll ups to work out how previous kick outs effect pinning success. 

Speaking of reversals, my favourite memory in wrestling game history was playing WCW/NWO Revenge round a mates house.

The bell rings and he somehow catches me in a strong grapple which I reversed straight away into an arm bar and an immediate tap out, I think the match lasted 6 seconds, my mate was livid.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

4 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Speaking of reverses, my favourite memory in wrestling game history was playing WCW/NWO Revenge round a mates house.

The bell rings and he somehow catches me in a strong grapple which I reversed straight away into an arm bar and an immediate tap out, I think the match lasted 6 seconds, my mate was livid.

Sounds like something left over from the MMA stuff in the Japanese games, they should have kept that in and had a bootleg UFC.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Sounds like something left over from the MMA stuff in the Japanese games, they should have kept that in and had a bootleg UFC.

Sounds like some Jay from the Inbetweeners level of bullshit. 6 seconds my arse.

Sami has been having some fun on twitter. Roll on Smackdown 

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sounds like some Jay from the Inbetweeners level of bullshit. 6 seconds my arse.

Out of interest, why do you find that so hard to believe? It’s a video game, it’s not like he’s saying he made his mate tap out in real life, or had an orgy with an entire Belgian hockey team or something equally Jay-esque.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

Out of interest, why do you find that so hard to believe? It’s a video game, it’s not like he’s saying he made his mate tap out in real life, 

It would be more believable if he did. Call it spending far too much of my time playing those games during my college years, or buy looking at speed runs on youtube. Video games are constructed in such ways that you can't just do something like that unless the game was broken with some hack code that caused a flaw in the programming*. Seriously, watch someone do a speed run. Or as it's tilde, could ask for a source for the claim. 

*Literally my brain explodes with things I know almost certainly could never of happened. Absolute nitpicking, I'm sorry I can't help it

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

The game works on probability. There's always a random chance a pin or submission could happen; it's just extremely unlikely at the beginning and becomes more likely as damage is taken. Extremely unlikely is not the same as impossible, so out of the millions of matches that have been played on these games it stands to reason that some people have fluked it once in their lives.