Another football kit thread

SuperBacon

20 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

How much do you want to spend? And is it the 22/23 one you're after?

Yeah looking for the 22/23 one, home one ideally but the away one is also good. 

looking for around £25-£35? Is that realistic? I found it on just adore but I’ve not idea if they are legit, the picture don’t look quite right. 

22 minutes ago, Bruce85 said:

Yeah looking for the 22/23 one, home one ideally but the away one is also good. 

looking for around £25-£35? Is that realistic? I found it on just adore but I’ve not idea if they are legit, the picture don’t look quite right. 

It's not I'm afraid, and that won't be genuine.

I've had a look for you and I can't even find it for sale! But based on previous trends, I would wait until the next cycle of kits, and then you should hopefully be able to pick one up (again based off previous trends) for around £50-60 like here.

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/search/?search=Slovenia+&x=9&y=5

Can vouch for them, good website.

Alternatively if you are DESPERATE for it and don't mind a knock off, try dhgate. That Arsenal twat @PunkStep has bought a couple off there and will steer you right. 

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

It's not I'm afraid, and that won't be genuine.

I've had a look for you and I can't even find it for sale! But based on previous trends, I would wait until the next cycle of kits, and then you should hopefully be able to pick one up (again based off previous trends) for around £50-60 like here.

https://www.vintagefootballshirts.com/search/?search=Slovenia+&x=9&y=5

Can vouch for them, good website.

Alternatively if you are DESPERATE for it and don't mind a knock off, try dhgate. That Arsenal twat @PunkStep has bought a couple off there and will steer you right. 

I was in Slovenia a couple of weeks ago and it was €80 and I regret not buying it. I think you are right, might just have to wait for the next cycle. Thanks for looking into though! 

and confession time, I’m also a Gooner ;) 

• Paid Members

I actually think Charly do some pretty decent design work and the quality of their kits are quite good, but the Mexican league kits are all absolutely fucked over by the horrendous sponsors and just how many they allow onto the shirts. Impossible to design around that and it makes any of them unwearable as a casual item.

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't find the post but I remember @SuperBacon mentioning the USA World Cup shirts from 1994 and after scrolling through some photos on phone I don't know why I didn't post this at the time.

Just behind Piccadilly Gardens there's a bar/eatery called Calcio that has retro consoles, plenty of screens for live sports and is decorated in 90's football magazine/stickers. There's not much to it overall but they did have these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also the toilet is littered with pages from 90's football magazines. This particular piece greets you if you look directly upwards whilst on the toilet. (Facing the right way, I may add.)

spacer.png

Just now, SuperBacon said:

It's a pizza place isn't it? I had plans to visit but then Covid happened.

Suffice to say I wouldn't be able to control myself in there. I'd probably nick something to be honest.

They do pizza, burgers, general fast food, some of it is nice like their loaded chilli hotdog and fries combo but nothing you can't get anywhere else. Weekday afternoons are best as it's quiet.

There's not much you could grab aside from the shirts.

2 hours ago, Rule One said:

I couldn't find the post but I remember @SuperBacon mentioning the USA World Cup shirts from 1994 and after scrolling through some photos on phone I don't know why I didn't post this at the time.

Just behind Piccadilly Gardens there's a bar/eatery called Calcio that has retro consoles, plenty of screens for live sports and is decorated in 90's football magazine/stickers. There's not much to it overall but they did have these:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also the toilet is littered with pages from 90's football magazines. This particular piece greets you if you look directly upwards whilst on the toilet. (Facing the right way, I may add.)

spacer.png

Who thought having a shit whilst looking at Chris Armstrong was a good idea? I guess same attracts same....

• 2 weeks later...