Another football kit thread

SuperBacon

We did have an excellent football shirt/kit thread but I believe that, as the creator of the thread is no longer a member, the thread is gone, which is a shame.

So here's another one.

Brentford released some gimmicky shirt, that is based on 'fans' tattoos, which is bollocks, as the bloke that used to sit next to my Grandad in the Braemar Road end had something about QPR being Queer People Running on his calf, so why isn't his one there?

Not feeling it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thought you'd all like a laugh at this from a Facebook group I'm in. Don't know what this person was thinking to be honest.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, got a white Portsmouth shirt from my secret Santa, which was a lovely touch. That's 3 shirts I've wangled out of jobs in the last 6 months or so. Result!

Edited by SuperBacon

32 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not football jerseys but for Christmas presents, we got each other the Nike City Connect baseball jerseys. Even though I’m a White Sox fan, I absolutely love the Cubs “Wrigleyville” shirt. 

All sports welcome, the more shirts the merrier!

Oh they are VERY cool. I love baseball shirts, but I don't know if I could pull one off (don't) 

I saw some amazing retro style one's recently, will try and rack my brains on where.

29 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Cov actually put out another good gimmick shirt this year, this time based on the cathedral. I prefer the two-tone banger but this is nice.

spacer.png

Had missed this! Love it. All is forgiven Hummel for your cynical World Cup/Denmark doings.

12 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I saw some amazing retro style one's recently, will try and rack my brains on where.

Probably my most obscure jersey is an Orix Buffaloes(Japanese baseball team) one I got from a thrift store in Chicago!  The City Connect ones are nice gimmicky shirts based on the city, some are better than others. The Milwaukee Brew Crew one is lovely. 

The NBA do a similar thing for their City vests. Wouldn't normally be a fan of this Heat shirt one, as it's a bit too 'wacky' but I think it works really well for the city of Miami. spacer.png

But the Spurs (COYS!!!) using what I think is the old All-Star game font and numbering is just wonderful. 

spacer.png

All here if you're interested. https://www.nba.com/news/2022-23-nike-nba-city-edition-uniforms-unveiled

10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not football jerseys but for Christmas presents, we got each other the Nike City Connect baseball jerseys. Even though I’m a White Sox fan, I absolutely love the Cubs “Wrigleyville” shirt. 

I like the Astros Space City one. But £110 was a bit much for me. 

Edit: just the ones in jd, mlb site selling cheaper replica ones. M'be. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Considering the supply issues BCFC have gone through, When I start shilling in August please all tell me to BUY THE FUCKING KIT FIRST.