Another football kit thread

SuperBacon

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Adidas have put out some retro 89/90 season United stuff this week, as beautifully modelled by Lee Sharpe and Denis Irwin.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.f14b50779726413f96a2856f459d5cb5.jpg

Always loved that blue shirt, could not get it at all when it was out first time round.

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Always loved that blue shirt, could not get it at all when it was out first time round.

They wouldn't have made that many. Even then, retailers didn't really care about selling kits as there wasn't really that much demand. 

I for one, look forward to the absolute pricks on "Football shirt Twitter" banging on about them being remakes and not originals.

Everyone will enjoy these shirts whilst these fucking nerds cry into their Holland 88 kits.

Probably the worst fandom out there (obviously apart from me)

Edited by SuperBacon

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah it was an absolute belter of a top, one of the best in their history for me, Clive. 

This is the best for me, and probably one of the most faked shirts of all time. Some of the counterfeit efforts are genuinely hilarious. 

spacer.png

Weirdly my sister, a Chelsea diehard, had one, as SuperBacon Sr claimed one "fell off the back" of one of his lorries, along with my first shirts, a Wang Computers era Oxford shirt (?????) and a Maxwell sponsored Derby shirt. What a collection.

I don't even think they were all from the same season which is even weirder.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This is the best for me, and probably one of the most faked shirts of all time. Some of the counterfeit efforts are genuinely hilarious. 

spacer.png

The limited edition Adidas 92s that they launched six years ago (and that I own a pair of and that I will be buried with) have this pattern on the insole, probably my favourite thing about them.

4-mufc-gazelle-adidas-92.jpg.942ccf599bc49badae65545a1e29d7cb.jpg

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The one after that, whilst not the best, wasn't bad, I thought:

Retro-Manchester-United-Away-Football-Sh

Very 90s.

I had that one too. Umbro shirts tended to be really uncomfortable and scratchy but that one was a nice material and I wore it a lot.

44 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The one after that, whilst not the best, wasn't bad, I thought:

Retro-Manchester-United-Away-Football-Sh

Very 90s.

I've got one of these with McClair 9 printed on the back that I got done when I went on the Old Trafford tour and museum aged around 13.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

spacer.png

Weirdly my sister, a Chelsea diehard, had one, as SuperBacon Sr claimed one "fell off the back" of one of his lorries, along with my first shirts, a Wang Computers era Oxford shirt (?????) and a Maxwell sponsored Derby shirt. What a collection.

I don't even think they were all from the same season which is even weirder.

This was the first legitimate replica kit I ever had. Even had the shorts and socks with it too! I still have nearly all my replica kits from the nineties but that one wasn't saved sadly. I bought a snide version of it a couple of years ago and while it actually looks really convincing, I've never actually worn it. 

Please. Trigger warning for Bacon. 

Fun fact. 1987 is the amount of times I’ve made a Man Utd / Euston joke this season.  It’s also the number of times it’s been hilarious. 

Edit. Ah bugger, you could’ve gone with “New Houchen merch just dropped”

Edited by Keith Houchen
Tony Sniff