Another football kit thread

SuperBacon

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That's very cool, but yeah I'd argue that's not really geared towards your average consumer/shirt wearer.

This article was an interesting read about higher end shirts and fashion brands etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2024/apr/20/360-pounds-replica-football-shirt-luxury-sportswear

The one danger here is that clubs will see themselves being short-changed from what they're charging *right now* and jack up their prices in response. This is where the "not for your audience" argument falls on its arse as "the audience" is never a constant and the people who are paying what they can to follow their passion will lose out to people who pay 4x that just to look good in photos and get contracts to make that money back.

Yet another genre shift for the People's Game away from the people.

7 hours ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

For those interested, Classic Football Shirts have a massive clearance on at the moment.

I got my son a Torino padded jacket, Torino training shirt, Torino track jacket, Hoffenheim goalkeeper top, Atalanta drawstring bag and Kappa Real Betis sports bag for £17.

I loathe them, but they are good for random stuff like that and my 11yo too has a load of Torino stuff because of it!