• Paid Members

Exposing Cabana for having a bank account with his Mam, tells be there's some benefit scam going on there, though.

Punk always been a hypocrite. Most of these wrestlers are. Its why nobody will touch the PWG library ever, because its filled with so many n-words, r-words, f-words and everything else under the sun, you wouldnt want it exposed. Like everyone favourite commentator acting like he's disabled.

1 minute ago, 69MeDon said:

The Acclaimed were so over. They have to put the belts on them at Grand Slam. Also put the world title on MJF and tell CM Punk to go walk his dog.

Don't let Tony walk the dog, he may mishear you and do something else....

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't really see what he said wrong in that press conference though.

You don't see anything wrong about someone berating their co-workers (and essentially the company) in a highly publicized public forum?

And yes him fat shaming an audience member is definitely worse. Everyone on here hated it.

I find it mental that anyone is holding up HBK, Triple H or Stone Cold as the beacons of professionalism. Guys who went into business of their own countless times and a guy who has a tendency to just walk out mid-shift. Folk delude themselves about what the attitude era was like at times. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

You don't see anything wrong about someone berating their co-workers (and essentially the company) in a highly publicized public forum?

He's only responding to what's been said about or to him though, isn't he? It's just that Punk is out front with what he says while the Elite do it through thinly veiled dirtsheet leaks or awful semi-shoot promos, which are apparently the more tolerable way of doing things.

You know what you're going to get with CM Punk. Anybody thinking he wasn't going to react like this if his back was against the wall is at best extremely naive. Plus the actual owner of the company is sat right next to him looking like a somebody just stuffed and mounted him. Didn't do or say a thing.

8 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

The Acclaimed were so over. They have to put the belts on them at Grand Slam. Also put the world title on MJF and tell CM Punk to go walk his dog.

But then, so are FTR. I would still argue strongly in favour of putting the belts on them, ahead of The Acclaimed. There's a longer-term story that can be told with Caster and Bowens, whereas I think FTR's moment feels very much like it has to come now. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

So is MJF now head of a faction of Ass Boys, Ethan Page, W. Morrissey and Lee Moriarty?

Weird as hell group if that's the case.

Poor Shaun Spears. He stayed loyal to MJF until the end, and now he's been cast aside. That said, I think is a great faction for MJF to associate himself with. Everyone involved has a hell of a lot of potential, and I've been hoping to see Ethan Page get his due for some time. 

The one problem is that Punk's press conference will almost certainly lead to a face/heel role reversal, which kind of kills the faction as a heel act before it even gets started. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

He's only responding to what's been said about or to him though, isn't he? It's just that Punk is out front with what he says while the Elite do it through thinly veiled dirtsheet leaks or awful semi-shoot promos, which are apparently the more tolerable way of doing things.

Both are very bad and everyone involved looks like an unprofessional petty dickhead. Wrestlers, I guess.

• Paid Members

I'm 100% #TeamHanger on this one. Punk clearly didn't know those lines in his promo were coming, but it didn't come across at a shoot, brother at the time, just a follow on from the Kingston feud and a nuance to what Punk had been like on screen. Presumably it referenced some of the problems that Punk already had with him, but that wasn't apparent at the time, and to be honest just added some real conflict to a face v face feud. 

It is stupid if Punk offered Hangman advice and he turned it down, though I can totally believe that being a pride thing where he reacted badly, or Punk big timed him. It's definitely not worth going off on him in a presser.

Plus, you know, Punk's reaction proves Hangman right just a little bit. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

Imagine Omega, Hangman and The Bucks showing up on Raw in a few weeks like the 2022 Radicalz.

I only just started reading the results and watching the odd PPV again, this would be horrible.

Something's that haven't really been talked about from what I can tell.

Malakai Black - His name has been thrown out there during the run up to the show. It has been rather messy and there isn't a single narrative to it. Rumours ranging from a lingering back injury seeing him consider retirement, mental health concerns, the fact his wife is in the WWE and he's friendly with HHH. He bowed and mimed a kiss to the audience. Break, departure, retirement? Nobody knows.

Toni Storm - During her post show press conference Thunder Rosa's back injury got brought up again. Someone else publicly questioning the validity of it whether in character or real life just makes the situation far messier than it needs to be. Especially when you consider Thunder Rosa backed off social media in the wake of the announcement.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Toni Storm - During her post show press conference Thunder Rosa's back injury got brought up again. Someone else publicly questioning the validity of it whether in character or real life just makes the situation far messier than it needs to be. Especially when you consider Thunder Rosa backed off social media in the wake of the announcement.

This is a really annoying one for me, because her line about "let me know when you're not injured and I'll beat you" is being misinterpreted by some bellends that Thunder Rosa just wanted to avoid doing the job, whereas the line is clearly an in-character line where one wrestler says they'll beat another wrestler - in a match, you know, in the story. Not that "Oh, when you're not injured you can come back and put me over like you were meant to" which quite frankly is some WCW shit.

I've seen more of this presser than I have of the actual wrestling from the PPV and the fact people aren't sure what's the work and what's a shoot is quite frankly depressing, worrying and irritating all in one go. That's a far bigger conversation than Punk being himself again.

EDIT - "All In" one go. Heh. Wish I'd done that on purpose...

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Duke said:

Punk clearly didn't know those lines in his promo were coming, but it didn't come across at a shoot, brother at the time, just a follow on from the Kingston feud and a nuance to what Punk had been like on screen. Presumably it referenced some of the problems that Punk already had with him, but that wasn't apparent at the time, and to be honest just added some real conflict to a face v face feud. 

Yeah I'm not sure if the comment being a reference to Colt Cabana was even picked up on at the time. I don't remember it being a talking point at all anyway, it didn't really make an impact. 

Can't understand why wrestlers can't just handle their work issues in private like everyone else does. What is it about fake fighting that makes them so fucking serious?

Anyway, coming out this show I would really love to see a Miro/Brody King singles match. That six man was beautiful.