Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Our couple of weeks in the title race was fun while it lasted. Ten Hag with Ole levels of not knowing when to bring the right subs on. That’s two late goals in two games that we’ve now conceded and dropped points. We’ve always got the league cup to win. 

The important thing is that you knock out the pitch-blamers, who "budgeted" for making the CL quarters this season (and actually expected UEFA give them that prize money for the next few years up front) from the made up round of the Europa and send them one step closer to real world financial ruin.

29 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Oh and Zinchenko is something else. How City didn't see him as their undisputed LB is a massive fuck up on their part.

And never forget that Pep wanted to replace him with Cucurella!!!

I suppose you could say that maybe City didn't see Arsenal as a title challenger (let's be honest, no one did) but it's still a crazy decision to let him and Jesus go to them.

Mad fucker.

Champions League Football GIF by BT Sport

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

And never forget that Pep wanted to replace him with Cucurella!!!

I suppose you could say that maybe City didn't see Arsenal as a title challenger (let's be honest, no one did) but it's still a crazy decision to let him and Jesus go to them.

Mad fucker.

Champions League Football GIF by BT Sport

I was thinking this as I watched the game today. It was such an arrogant and incompetent move on City's part to sell two decent first team players to a rival club.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I suppose you could say that maybe City didn't see Arsenal as a title challenger

Absolutely, there's no chance we'd have signed Jesus or Zinchenko otherwise. I will say City appear to be very respectful to players that want to leave and actually make it easier for them by not demanding a huge fee or trying to keep hold of them like others would (I suppose they can afford to from a financial perspective)- see also Sterling, Ferran Torres and going back a few years Leeroy Sane. But what baffles me is Zinchenko walks into that City side. He's exactly the kind of full back Pep likes and he's doing the same job Cancelo has been doing on the other side of the pitch.

Jesus' days as a starter were bleak anyway and Haaland's signing confirmed that, but you can't tell me Nathan Ake or that Gomez fella are a better fit for that team at LB than Zinchenko. They have struggled to fill that position permanently for ages now and they had the answer all along.

20 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I got laughed at by other Liverpool fans on the internet for making a case for selling Salah and replacing him with Saka last summer. Well, none of us are laughing now are we! (Apart from everyone else)

Its weird how so many people seem to doubt him. He's been consistently brilliant for 2 and a half seasons now and is only getting better.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Frank has certainly not set the managerial ranks on fire, though that won't stop him getting linked to all the big jobs that come up. 

Yep. He only got the Derby job because Uncle Arry put in a word for him as he knew Mel Morris. Jobs for the boys innit.

I actually think he did well at Chelsea during his first season, given the task he was facing (best player sold in the summer, transfer embargo- and still managed to make the top 4). But his second season proved he was out of his depth, especially when Tuchel came in. He's been treading water at Everton since day one. Wasn't great at Derby either. Another golden generation disappointment.