Ric Flair having one more match

Callum1993

• Paid Members

Nah, I reckon we'll get a flop, a suplex, he'll get thrown off the top, and he'll try the flip over the top rope in the corner and give everyone a heart attack.

Maybe a rolling knee drop too. 

As others have said, he can't handle not being Ric Flair, and he's doing this partly to prove that he is still that fantasy version of himself.

8 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Nah, I reckon we'll get a flop, a suplex, he'll get thrown off the top, and he'll try the flip over the top rope in the corner and give everyone a heart attack.

Maybe a rolling knee drop too. 

As others have said, he can't handle not being Ric Flair, and he's doing this partly to prove that he is still that fantasy version of himself.

We can only hope. Would love for Ric to pull out a masterclass.

As for fantasy version of himself, I don’t think it’s a fantasy, I think it’s the only version of himself. Also it’s not as if he’s a danger to anybody else by getting back in the ring, he assumes all risk and all of it is to himself. Far too easy to bow out gracefully, we need more like Ric.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

Far too easy to bow out gracefully

Yes, because walking away rather than working well past your prime on the indys or until you die from pain pills is what wrestlers of the 80s and 90s are renowned for. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Yes, because walking away rather than working well past your prime on the indys or until you die from pain pills is what wrestlers of the 80s and 90s are renowned for. 

Touché. But I meant more in terms of life in general people get older & stop doing what they love often because that’s the status quo.

If Ric feels up to it, wants to do it & it can be done as safely as possible. Add to that that there will be thousands of people happy to see him go one more time then what’s the harm? At 73, what’s he got left with his lifestyle? 5, 7, 10 years? There’s nothing more fitting than to continue living the way he always did in my opinion.

4 hours ago, mim731 said:

Anyone who saw the most recent series of Dark Side of the Ring might feel differently.

I’ve seen it & I don’t, like millions of others.

15 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Crying out last night's minibar? 

Who can blame him? Lived an unbelievable life & at 73 he’s still doing exactly what he wants

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

I’ve seen it & I don’t, like millions of others.

A cursory search would tell you that DSOTR wasn't viewed by "millions" so I'd suggest a large number of those people you refer are likely unaware of the allegations against Flair, while I guess you are aware and are happy to continue championing Flair even with that information. 

1 minute ago, mim731 said:

A cursory search would tell you that DSOTR wasn't viewed by "millions" so I'd suggest a large number of those people you refer are likely unaware of the allegations against Flair, while I guess you are aware and are happy to continue championing Flair even with that information. 

Why wouldn’t I be? One single allegation, which more than one witness have already said is unsubstantiated shouldn’t affect anybodies view of somebody.