Ric Flair having one more match

Callum1993

5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

A cursory search would tell you that DSOTR wasn't viewed by "millions" so I'd suggest a large number of those people you refer are likely unaware of the allegations against Flair, while I guess you are aware and are happy to continue championing Flair even with that information. 

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

Why wouldn’t I be? One single allegation, which more than one witness have already said is unsubstantiated shouldn’t affect anybodies view of somebody.

Well this isn’t going to end well

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

Why wouldn’t I be? One single allegation, which more than one witness have already said is unsubstantiated shouldn’t affect anybodies view of somebody.

yeah, we shouldn't make decisions on whether someone is a sexual predator based on a well-documented pattern of behaviour, but on rational things, like their "vibes" or whether we like their Tweets or not.

Edited by BomberPat

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Well this isn’t going to end well

Why? Unless I’ve missed something, if so I apologise for my ignorance. But currently it’s one persons word. No trial, no evidence, nothing other than one persons account of an alleged incident which has been countered by witnesses already.

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, we shouldn't make decisions on whether someone is a sexual predator based on a well-documented pattern of behaviour, but on rational things, like their "vibes" or whether we like their Tweets or not.

I’ve missed the ‘well documented pattern of behaviour’ it’s not illegal or immoral to be a massive shagger.

2 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

But according to someone else in another topic on Off Topic, just having a “vibe” is enough to warrant them being executed. 

Yep, and I don’t get that vibe from Ric. I never said he should be executed I said he’s probably get secrets that would warrant the death penalty. Why’s everyone so up King’s arse anyway?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

I’ve missed the ‘well documented pattern of behaviour’ it’s not illegal or immoral to be a massive shagger.

Public exposure is very much illegal and immoral, though - and before Dark Side Of The Ring, WWE openly made light of it, with a cartoon on the Network with various people laughing and joking about Flair exposing himself to flight attendants. They also discussed it on the 30 for 30 episode about Flair, well before Dark Side Of The Ring. When Flair was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Triple H told a story about him walking naked through a hotel lobby. None of those stories refer to the Plane Ride From Hell, so they're all separate incidents. It's a pattern of behaviour.

Ric Flair being a sexual predator was played for laughs for years before Dark Side Of The Ring. Yet suddenly when the suggestion emerges that, actually, it's far from a joke and should be taken seriously, there's no evidence?

Again, you're making an argument that Flair's done nothing wrong because he's never been convicted of anything, while calling for Stephen King to be executed and accusing him of being worse than one of the country's most prolific sex offenders, because of "vibes" and Tweets. 

11 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

Why? Unless I’ve missed something, if so I apologise for my ignorance. But currently it’s one persons word. No trial, no evidence, nothing other than one persons account of an alleged incident which has been countered by witnesses already.

Look, I don’t know you from Adam, all I’ll say is that you’re veering very closely into “well Chris Benoit was still great, he only made a mistake that once” territory.

Think very carefully about how much you’re willing to put over a guy who’s got a sexual harassment allegation hanging over his head, that’s all I’m saying.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Just now, BomberPat said:

Public exposure is very much illegal and immoral, though - and before Dark Side Of The Ring, WWE openly made light of it, with a cartoon on the Network with various people laughing and joking about Flair exposing himself to flight attendants. They also discussed it on the 30 for 30 episode about Flair, well before Dark Side Of The Ring. When Flair was inducted into the Hall of Fame, Triple H told a story about him walking naked through a hotel lobby. None of those stories refer to the Plane Ride From Hell, so they're all separate incidents. It's a pattern of behaviour.

Ric Flair being a sexual predator was played for laughs for years before Dark Side Of The Ring. Yet suddenly when the suggestion emerges that, actually, it's far from a joke and should be taken seriously, there's no evidence?

Again, you're making an argument that Flair's done nothing wrong because he's never been convicted of anything, while calling for Stephen King to be executed and accusing him of being worse than one of the country's most prolific sex offenders, because of "vibes" and Tweets. 

Horseplay

1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Look, I don’t know you from Adam, all I’ll say is that you’re veering very closely into “well Chris Benoit was still great, he only made a mistake that once” territory.

Think very carefully about how much you’re willing to put over a guy who’s got a sexual assault allegation hanging over his head, that’s all I’m saying.

F*ck Benoit, although clearly mental illness played its part. He still chose to become a murderer.

There’s a single allegation without much substance about Ric Flair. Innocent people get accused of things all the time. You can’t White Knight for everybody

1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

I think it’s less people being pro-King, and being more anti-your ridiculous statements. 

I don’t see what’s ridiculous.

All I’ve said is I think Stephen King is a wrong un.

That I respect Flair’s decision to return to the ring & don’t agree with him being labelled a rapist (even though no allegations of rape have been made).

And also that I like The Undertaker & can’t understand the sudden resentment of him.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

There’s a single allegation without much substance about Ric Flair. 

It's only a single allegation if you're enough of a danger to write off years of allegations of sexual assault as "horseplay", tbf