The The Undertaker Is A Twat Thread

Jonny Vegas

2 hours ago, NavigatorFan said:

Louch.......should be called Grouch.

I think it was clear that I know very little on the subject of autographs.

I'm guessing the cards he won't sign are rare...but event tickets won't be, or are these old event tix we are talking about? 

I still don't get it and guess I never will.  If he limits his sigs and charges more surely this would just increase their worth and the owner would still make more than taker. Again I have no idea but in my mind flooding the market with autographs would ensure he ultimately gets a better payday than the collective of people who pay for them? 

Yeah it is very clear you know little about the current rookie card and graded ticket markets from that reply. There aren’t tens of thousands of undertaker rookie cards about to “flood” the market with, talking hundreds at most with very few in pristine condition. It’s not how it works. And no need for the shitty attempt an an insult, at least aim for funny and you might get close. 

• Paid Members

I think the biggest part of it all is just the disappointment. He's been talked about for years as the Locker Room Leader, as the Conscience of the WWE, and all that. And he's been up there with Vince in terms of the 'imagine the stories this guy has', to the point where the idea of him dropping character and giving more access was really interesting.

That managed to outride the shift in culture. At the time, the backstage area sounded wild and fascinating, and hearing about 'wrestlers' court' sounded interesting rather than just toxic workplace bullying. Like, no matter what we thought of it all, the idea that this guy clearly cared about what he did so much, that he took it all seriously, while actually performing a very silly character... there was no way this was going to be a let-down. Based on what we know, imagine all the stuff we didn't?

And it turns out he's, at best, dull.

That there's not that extra level of interesting stuff, and he's not this passionate defender who actually makes it all more interesting. He's a property owner from Texas with a bike, who doesn't seem to really appreciate the people who put in the work to get him there. Who'll take part in one of the most memorable matches in history, where his opponent almost kills himself to make him seem special, and doesn't think it's worth a mention during his extended victory speech.

To be fair, I'm going on the basis of other people's reactions, as I've seen about 10-15 minutes of his shoot stuff in the last couple of years - but there was nothing in there that seemed worth paying more attention to either.

5 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I think the biggest part of it all is just the disappointment. He's been talked about for years as the Locker Room Leader, as the Conscience of the WWE, and all that. And he's been up there with Vince in terms of the 'imagine the stories this guy has', to the point where the idea of him dropping character and giving more access was really interesting.

That managed to outride the shift in culture. At the time, the backstage area sounded wild and fascinating, and hearing about 'wrestlers' court' sounded interesting rather than just toxic workplace bullying. Like, no matter what we thought of it all, the idea that this guy clearly cared about what he did so much, that he took it all seriously, while actually performing a very silly character... there was no way this was going to be a let-down. Based on what we know, imagine all the stuff we didn't?

And it turns out he's, at best, dull.

That there's not that extra level of interesting stuff, and he's not this passionate defender who actually makes it all more interesting. He's a property owner from Texas with a bike, who doesn't seem to really appreciate the people who put in the work to get him there. Who'll take part in one of the most memorable matches in history, where his opponent almost kills himself to make him seem special, and doesn't think it's worth a mention during his extended victory speech.

To be fair, I'm going on the basis of other people's reactions, as I've seen about 10-15 minutes of his shoot stuff in the last couple of years - but there was nothing in there that seemed worth paying more attention to either.

Knowing the kind of guy he is, did anyone really expect him to open up about all of that "behind the scenes" stuff? I never saw him doing anything when he retired to be honest, so the fact he's even taking part in signings and any kind of interviews is surprising to me.

I fully expected him to disappear to his ranch in Texas where he can complain to his wife about the raw deal that the boys in blue get from the pesky minorities. 

The Undertaker was the first wrestler that truly petrified me. He was a genuine monster bad guy to every kid that loved wrestling when he debuted.

I can’t believe the hate he’s getting on here, a bonafide legend & has provided endless, unforgettable entertainment. Genuinely shocked how many people appear to be pissing on his unrivalled WWE career. Barely anybody in the business has anything but heartfelt praise for him. Strange take from wrestling fans.

7 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

The Undertaker was the first wrestler that truly petrified me. He was a genuine monster bad guy to every kid that loved wrestling when he debuted.

I can’t believe the hate he’s getting on here, a bonafide legend & has provided endless, unforgettable entertainment. Genuinely shocked how many people appear to be pissing on his unrivalled WWE career. Barely anybody in the business has anything but heartfelt praise for him. Strange take from wrestling fans.

You alright Michelle?

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Ministry Taker can't be excused, can he? Without Austin being so hot that'd be one of the worst main event characters ever, as bad as Bray at his shittest.

He needed Shango to complete the pack & it would have been the greatest faction of the era.

Ministry Taker was great imo, Corporate Ministry Taker was a bit of a stretch looking back at it though. I think all his character has always served its purpose at the time, even in its most cartoonish which I would say was after SS ‘94 through ‘95 it was still over. My least favourite is probably actually Big Evil that evolves from ABA. That was a big lacking but then again it made his return to the darkside all the more warranted & called for. An unbelievable career & character that unfortunately we’ll never see the likes of again

• Paid Members

Even Taker himself hated the ministry bit didn't he?

Everything after summerslam 98 until he fucked off in 99 was the shits, be it embalming Austin and going on to injured him at rock bottom, bumblefucking around with mable and mideon in shit segments with Vince to turn Vince face until swerve or something or just him getting all tubby and arsing about with old sausage fingers himself Big show. The promos were shit, the story's were shit and he was so burnt out the ring work was shit too. 

28 minutes ago, Ultimate Hitman said:

He needed Shango to complete the pack

Rumour in the observer was Shango was due to get the kane spot as undertakers dark secret from his past at one point. I doubt that myself, as they set the stage for the kane fire bit after Wrestlemania in the build to IYH 14 if I remember right, but I guess taker died in the fire and was brought back with "voodoo magik" could have been the story. Duppy Taker would have been another classic I'm sure. 

Edited by Tommy!

5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Even Taker himself hated the ministry bit didn't he?

Everything after summerslam 98 until he fucked off in 99 was the shits, be it embalming Austin and going on to injured him at rock bottom, bumblefucking around with mable and mideon in shit segments with Vince to turn Vince face until swerve or something or just him getting all tubby and arsing about with old sausage fingers himself Big show. The promos were shit, the story's were shit and he was so burnt out the ring work was shit too. 

Rumour in the observer was Shango was due to get the kane spot as undertakers dark secret from his past at one point. I doubt that myself, as they set the stage for the kane fire bit after Wrestlemania in the build to IYH 14 if I remember right, but I guess taker died in the fire and was brought back with "voodoo magik" could have been the story. Duppy Taker would have been another classic I'm sure. 

Maybe I am looking back with rose tinted glasses. I loved the embalming Austin stuff & the shovel to the head in the building etc. Yeah, some of the filler may with Mideon etc may have been barely watchable but that time was literally the peak of my wrestling fandome. Anything from the build up to WM14 to late 2000 I couldn’t get enough of. In fact I watched more wrestling in those 2/3 years than I have 2002 to now probably.

I didn’t hear that rumour & we now know that Kane was irreplaceable but a dark version of Shango would have fitted perfectly. I still think he could have a run now tbh, one of the genuine cases of dropping the ball with that character 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Ministry Taker can't be excused, can he? Without Austin being so hot that'd be one of the worst main event characters ever, as bad as Bray at his shittest.

Yeah but the entrance music was absolutely banging.

the music and threatening to stab Jerry Lawler in the face on commentary just for talking to him IMO makes two good cases for Ministry Undertaker, in fact for a third add that promo at Fully Loaded 99 wherre Terry Taylor asks if he's alright and goes THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL IS A HURT ANIMAL! NOW YOU GET OUT MY FACE TAYLOR, YOU UNDERSTAND HUH, BOY? YOU UNDERSTAND???? and throws him into a whiteboard

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Yeah but the entrance music was absolutely banging.

Yeah, that was my favourite dead man Undertaker music. He had some stupid looks then, though. Remember that weird chinny beard he had at one point?