WWE/NXT releases 2022

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Balor is going to be the new 'wasted by WWE' or being 'held hostage', even though he has as much charisma and presence as a dishcloth when he's not got his make up on. I hear he was good in Japan, though. 

• Awards Moderator
11 minutes ago, Stop the pigeon said:

It's Roderick Stong. I wonder where he'll end up.

If it means shoving Bobby Fish out of the way and bringing back the Strong/O’Reilly team, I say yay. Those two were magic together in NXT, best Kyle’s ever been.

1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

If it means shoving Bobby Fish out of the way and bringing back the Strong/O’Reilly team, I say yay. Those two were magic together in NXT, best Kyle’s ever been.

Yep, will be a major announcement by TK when he goes. Not seen much of AEW recently and looks like someone who could get lost in the shuffle with a lot of similar wrestlers already there.

• Paid Members

Roderick Strong being the 'notable name' is as big a wet fart as Christian being the big AEW signing that time.

His mates moved on, his wife was sacked, he sticks out like a sore thumb in 2.0 all after he signed a long term deal, it's hardly a shock he's asked for his release. Can't see them not granting it either.

• Paid Members

I’d love it to be a bluff from Strong. He’s obviously on the bubble already, everyone of his ilk has either gone or is being phased out. You could probably buy yourself another six months to a year of being paid to sit on your arse at home by asking for your release right now.

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’d love it to be a bluff from Strong. He’s obviously on the bubble already, everyone of his ilk has either gone or is being phased out. You could probably buy yourself another six months to a year of being paid to sit on your arse at home by asking for your release right now.

He's not Bret, not that anyone confused their intelligence. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

He peaked in Japan when he told Karl “Don’t waste the beer, ya dick head.”

Fixed.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Vamp said:

Balor strikes me as being similar to Nakamura in outlook. Happy to just coast in the WWE. 

Completely agree. Seems completely content with his spot, making a ton of money for doing the bare minimum. Why ruin that to go somewhere else and work hard to prove yourself again for less money, especially when you're as painfully average as he is.

• Paid Members

Balor's a fantastic wrestler. They haven't given him a character outside of "bloke that dresses up funny sometimes" but he's great bell to bell and can get people to give a shit easily on account of how good he is. Everyone went crazy when he debuted on the main roster and won the Universal title at SummerSlam 2016, and the match he had with Lesnar at Rumble 2019 was incredible. YMMV etc but "average" for the current WWE roster or being tarred with Tensai's "good in Japan" brush is rather unfair in my eyes.

EDIT - it's not Strong they're talking about. They announced that news in a separate tweet to the "notable" superstar one.

Edited by air_raid