Punk

Tommy!

Anybody familiar with Frenzal Rhomb? They’re Australian and I’m not sure how well known they are outside of the country, but they appear to have been around for almost as long as I’ve been alive and they’ve toured with the likes of NOFX, Blink 182 and the Offspring.

I came across their album Hi Vis High Tea ( @jazzygeofferz might want a listen) a few years ago and I just love it. It’s 35 minutes long which is a lovely length, and every track is a treat.

It’s no All Killer No Filler but it’s a good one.

I've always had a bit of a hatred for American punk because of bands like Rancid, NOFX, Bad Religion and all that like, for years it kept me from digging in to the stuff I find genuinely amazing that does get made in the country. Just like Emo was the dirtiest word ever before I found Orchid and then the European scene from the mid 90's which goes harder than most punks who think they're tough, 16 year old French girls completely out screaming them.

Probably my favourite from the US right now is Haram, featuring a Lebanese vocalist using their experiences in America to shape the lyrics.

Anomie who had a short three year career, playing in squats and releasing only enough music to fir on one CD.

Edited by Merzbow

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

For me, Rise Against peaked with 2004's 'Give It All', a staunchly pro-workforce, pro-working class, pro-leftist, pro-revolutionist song that was made for the staunchly anti-George Bush, anti-Republican 'ROCK AGAINST BUSH' compilation album.

After that they kind of petered out into more middle-of-the-road radio rock territory that I'm not too keen on. In many ways, Comeback Kid are the working man's Rise Against (and they're all the better for it);