Wrestling Song of the Day thread

Carbomb

• Paid Members

The classic Royal Rumble theme although it seems naked without Vince McMahon screaming over the top of it. I actually associate this more with SummerSlam 89 though because it played in the show opening and that was my first VHS.

Touching on the opening post, I always preferred the original Bret Hart theme from the Hart Foundation - early singles days;

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I know this was Jake Roberts theme but i'd love to have heard a longer version of THIS version. Sounds more bass guitary. Prepare for 80s cheese..

That one (they titled it Snakebit in the Anthology album) is one of my all-time favourite entrance themes. If I'd been a wrestler and they were handing out themes, that's the one I would've chosen.

• Paid Members

Loved this. I think I used it as my entrance music in whichever Smackdown game came out when he had it. I know it was his music when he wrestled Rey Mysterio at a house show in Sheffield.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

How we've got this far without the classic Wrestlemania theme being mentioned, I don't know.

Bit mad to think they only used this for four WrestleManias but a whole generation of us think of this as the music for the real “this is going to be gigantic” show, and the definitive Mania tune that was used “forever,” just because they were the WrestleManias of our childhood.

I do feel almost equally as warm and fuzzy about the (instrumental) “Woaaah woaaah, WrestleMania” track they used from X to… I want to say 15. They’d dumped it by 16 for choosing something unique (and usually rubbish) every year.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I do feel almost equally as warm and fuzzy about the (instrumental) “Woaaah woaaah, WrestleMania” track they used from X to… I want to say 15. They’d dumped it by 16 for choosing something unique (and usually rubbish) every year.

Like I mentioned in the Scott Hall thread, I missed most of that era, so for me that tune's a bit shite - primarily because the version without lyrics that was used as Linda McMahon's theme sounded just too twee, even for wrestling.

Peter Gabriel's Big Time is probably the best and most imaginative choice for a Wrestlemania theme they've done in the later years.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Peter Gabriel's Big Time is probably the best and most imaginative choice for a Wrestlemania theme they've done in the later years.

That was pretty good. The set and pyro for that opening was good too and in general probably the last time I thought “Hooray, it’s Mania!” from the start.