Pancake Day!

Carbomb

• Paid Members

Anyone had any today? What did you have with yours?

Never had the absolute best of luck with pancakes, but mine today turned out OK, tasted good.

As it's also St. David's Day today, I had one savoury - cheese and onion. Dessert, we were out of Nutella, so had peanut butter and maple syrup.

IMG20220301142355.jpg

IMG20220301142228.jpg

2 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

I did mine in the microwave.

I genuinely made one in the microwave once just to see how it’d turn out. Cake in a mug style. Somewhere between pancake and shitty muffin, wasn’t bad.

I know this pretty much confirms my position as the forums resident microwave nonce but it’s very rare I actually use a microwave I just led and very wild and crazy food poisoned riddled youth.

• Paid Members

I much prefer crepes. American-style ones are nice, but they can be a bit cakey. Properly-made crepes, crispy and light ones, are a joy.

• Paid Members

I always think American style are great for a breakfast but crepes are better for an evening treat.

If it's a crepe style I'm a nuttella man, but it's maple syrup or honey on the fat ones. I made poffertjes one Christmas and they were lovely to just snack away.

That said unfortunately I forgot all about it because all the buzz at work was about the traditional ball game in the town being back on instead.

I'll make up for it with double tomorrow. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, neil said:

Crepes are a bit shite. Much prefer your american fluffy pancake.

Have a word with yourself! You've been out there far too long clearly. American pancakes are inferior in every way.

They're better than Dutch pancakes though at least, I'll give them that.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, King Coconut said:

Aaah, a nod to the bygone era of the Rhondda cheese mines.

Would've been cheese and leek, but didn't have any leeks in the house, so went down the rarebit hole. Plus, I also remembered the "cheese & onion fryit" that Butch's local chippy sold.

• Moderators
On 3/1/2022 at 6:20 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Have a word with yourself! You've been out there far too long clearly. American pancakes are inferior in every way.

They're better than Dutch pancakes though at least, I'll give them that.

I will say that I enjoy a savory crepe. But your standard UK pancake day crepe...nah...give me the fat stack of fluffy yankee cakes drenched in maple syrup.