Terminus

DAVEYJONESGIANTSQUID

Is anyone else excited for this to start.  Gresham I'd a great technical wrestler and I could really see the company taking off. Never saw another thread this could fit in but here is the announced card but the more interesting thing is the rules.. something a bit different trying to keep things in the squared circle. 

Card

Match Card:

JOSH ALEXANDER vs. JONATHAN GRESHAM - ROH Original World Title

BARON BLACK vs. BANDIDO - ROH World Championship

LIIZA HALL vs. JANAI KAI

MOOSE vs. Mike Bennett

JORDYNNE GRACE vs. KIERA HOGAN - Impact Digital Media Championship

LEE MORIARTY vs. JAY LETHAL

DANIEL GARCIA vs. JDX vs. KHASH vs. ADAM PRIEST

DANTE & JOE KEYS vs. TRACY WILLIAMS & FRED YEHI

This will be live on FITE TV on January 16th

Rules

spacer.png

Edited by DAVEYJONESGIANTSQUID

51 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Isn't that just ROH's old Pure Title rules?

They could have at least made an effort to not make the rules image look like amateur hour shit.

Three rope breaks

No closed fists

20 count on the floor

Those are similar but also very different.. the 5 count on count outs is an interesting one for me

• Paid Members

That's a heck of a card. Unless he's going to drop the belt back before the ROH show in April I can't see Josh picking up the win, but that'll be a cracking match. Might have to try and give this a watch. 

The image possibly looks cheap and cheerful because I don't know how well off Gresham is, so they've probably got quite a tight budget to work to? 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That's a heck of a card. Unless he's going to drop the belt back before the ROH show in April I can't see Josh picking up the win, but that'll be a cracking match. Might have to try and give this a watch. 

They seem to be doing an ROH Invasion angle in Impact, so could see Alexander getting the belt for a while to further that and get one of their title programmes on TV ahead of the April show - depends on how long they want to keep up having two ROH champions.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, BomberPat said:

They seem to be doing an ROH Invasion angle in Impact, so could see Alexander getting the belt for a while to further that and get one of their title programmes on TV ahead of the April show - depends on how long they want to keep up having two ROH champions.

I read somewhere that ROH is basically becoming nothing more than semi-regular GCW/PWG type shows and touring champions, with Sinclair obtaining the rights to show their champions’ title defences on TV.

If the matches at Hard to Kill and the upcoming tapings are to go by, with Ian Riccaboni on commentary etc, it sounds quite plausible.

You can easily see Gresham popping up at MLW and AEW too can’t you?

I can’t see anything about this that is any better card wise than the big local indies over there, and they rules look boring as fuck. Wrestling is at its best when it’s simple, no needing a checklist to keep track on fouls etc. fixing problems that don’t exist, I give them 3 shows 

• Paid Members

The rules will be interesting if and when people find fun ways to break them - rules should be the framework in which wrestling operates, but where a lot of the Pure Rules/mock-shoot style stuff goes wrong is in being a slave to those rules.

One of the reasons no heels have any heat in the WWE any more is because they never cheat. Audiences don't get angry about someone just being a bit mean, they get angry about perceived transgressions - not just breaking the rules, but exploiting them, or breaking them and getting away with it. A set of rules like this come into their own when a heel just straight up kicks their opponent in the dick as soon as the bell rings, knowing that it's getting them a "technical foul", but gladly eating that up in exchange for an unfair advantage.

If every match is just people sticking rigidly to those rules, it'll be an interesting but short-lived curio. If people use those rules as the starting point for crafting matches with different psychology to what they would do elsewhere, it'll have staying power.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Shouldn't Intentional low blow be an automatic dq? 

Otherwise, I'm not going to complain about a new promotion that thinks outside the box. 

Not from the rules posted, unless you get someone else to do it. Laying out the ref will only get you one technical foul!