Terminus

DAVEYJONESGIANTSQUID

• Paid Members

Oh it's the lowest of low budget. The curtain for the entranceway doesn't cover the whole entranceway, so you can see people milling around in the corridor outside whatever hall they're having the show in, then somebody makes too enthusiastic an entrance for the second match and manages to pull the whole thing off, which is some wonderful baiting for the out of context thread. They've got graphics with a 15 minute timer on for the first RoH title match which actually has a 60 minute time limit. The actual in ring product was good, but the production was like somebody watched the really early Ring Of Honor shows and thought "I wish I could make my show look like that, but I just don't have the money." 

• Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

It can’t look any worse than last nights GCW PPV. 
$20,000 to hire the Hammerstein Ballroom, which since its renovation is now Grey and looks like a Food Court, and they set up so that for most of the show all you could see was black curtain.

The weirdest thing is that they clearly had a couple of really good crane cameras - every time they cut to them, the picture quality was massively improved - and they insisted on using the grainy hard cam more often than not, yet still managed to miss half the biggest spots and moments. The show felt shambolic and bizarrely booked, but if you could see or hear it better, it probably wouldn't have felt as bad for it. Worst part is, it's still an improvement over most of their shows in that regard.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

$20,000 to hire the Hammerstein Ballroom, which since its renovation is now Grey and looks like a Food Court, and they set up so that for most of the show all you could see was black curtain.

I think it was just that they had a really limited budget. It was in a big old sports hall, and shot on what looked like webcam, but they had some decent graphics that told you how much the people weighed and what their "fighting style" was as they came to the ring. A little 15 minute timer for the matches. It was without doubt the best they could do with what little budget they had. I can see it being a turn off for people who may be used to something like AEW or WWE or even Impact, but if you're watching for the wrestling it was a decent show. I've not watched the main event yet, but how can I not be excited about Jonathan Gresham Vs Josh Alexander? 

37 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I've only seen clips and pics, so I was wondering why it was looking so different.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:24 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

but they had some decent graphics that told you how much the people weighed

Bit late to be courting Art Donovan for commentary duties.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Bit late to be courting Art Donovan for commentary duties.

Fortunately all the wrestlers looked like wrestlers.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Second Terminus show is tonight. Serena Deeb is there, Daniel Garcia is there. Jonathan Gresham is putting his RoH title on the line against Santana,  Josh Alexander was booked, but his visa issues mean he can't be there, which is a shame.