AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Think Kingston is likely protected a bit from being in too high pressure a slot given the pressure he already puts on himself. As quality as his work is in making people invest in what he’s doing, get the impression it’d be a massive burden on him too. Plus the pie facing, you need to rebuild trust after being thin skinned about a promo when you yourself are a trash talker 

• Paid Members

The fact that he looks like a guy in the pub who would glass you is one of his selling points, it’s a shame he’s insecure about it as it’s one of the things that makes him so believable. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That Saraya and Britt segment may have been one of the worst in company history, bullshit "reality" and smart comments while burying the women's roster. Fucking rotten.

Two of the worst performers around had a bad segment? I'm shocked.

Saraya has never been good and Britt Baker's regression since she won the title is mind boggling.

• Paid Members

Theres a reason I stopped watching a lot of WhatCultures YouTube stuff, Sidgwick is one of them. 

EDIT: I meant to mention in my earlier post, but Billy Gunn bringing the fire and taking out Swerve straight away, how is this man the age he is and still look tremendous and still have as much to offer as he does. HHH must be cursing the day that they released Billy and stuck with Road Dogg and his shit takes. 

Jeff Jarrett can fuck off as well. His Strowman dig was actually quite funny, but imagine calling another company a circus with everything thats gone down in AEW this year. 

Edited by Nick James

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Saraya has never been good and Britt Baker's regression since she won the title is mind boggling.

Where do we think they went wrong with Britt?

I remember actually being excited when she won the title. I felt like she deserved it and it was the right call and all the stuff with Schiavone felt real and genuine.

Is it as simple as saying she's basically been Charlotted? I must admit my watching of the women is sporadic at best because I just got fed up with it after a while. Over exposure and a lack of general improvement?

Just now, DavidB6937 said:

Over exposure and a lack of general improvement?

I'd say so. Her title run was very repetitive and people got bored with it and her. Then after losing she was still being heavily featured despite not really warranting it.

FWIW I think she's been the better half of the Saraya feud but that's not saying much. The fact that Saraya is almost guaranteed to go over also makes it very unlikely Hayter is beating Storm as you'd assume Hayter and Baker feuding for the belt would be the next step.

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

For me, it's two things. One, there was a point where it made more sense than not to turn her babyface. They didn't do it, and her heel act got pretty repetitive. Secondly, he promos aren't actually as good as I think a lot of us thought they were. She always seems to fall back on insider references, and some of these are so insider that they're almost impossible to understand. I didn't know what the Thunder Rosa/sandbag thing was about, for example, until I read it on here. 

Britt was never great. She stood out in the division as many of the division came and went and she got a lot of attention. Couple of strong matches with talented opponents, and then once you take her away from the Tony S rub the talking side isn’t as good as it appeared. The big fish in the small pond who stopped growing as others came in or grew themselves 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think the downward turn started at the Pittsburgh show where she got a huge hometown babyface reaction. From that point on she was basically playing both a heel and a babyface at the same time and her character work went down the toilet - they needed to essentially pick one or the other for her to commit to. Adding Jaime Hayter also confused things, they've never really worked together as an act and Hayter being there has pushed Rebel to the side which is a massive shame because Rebel is great and at one point was an essential part of Britt's act.

The other side of the downward turn is Britt appears to have regressed as a wrestler. She was having great matches back in the Daily's Place days. I remember an absolute cracker she had with Nyla Rose. Since then, I don't know whether it's injuries, loss of confidence or trying to wrestle more like Adam Cole but her matches are generally terrible. They usually consist of 75% awkward clumsy shite that goes nowhere then an ending 25% of finisher spamming.