AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

A solid show on the whole; although The Firm's involvement in the Moxley/MJF feud immediately made me feel less interested. While this may partly be down to the Punk situation, The Firm is one of the weakest stables, if not the weakest stable, in AEW history - and I say that as someone who likes all of the wrestlers involved. Having said that, Stokely seems a bit...shit. He's not added anything to anyone since joining AEW. Presumably there's something there, given how keen people were to pair him up with Jade Cargill, but I'm just not seeing it.

He spent almost his entire time in NXT just popping people on Twitter and when he was finally on TV they pulled him right back off it. When he got on TV again it was to manage jobbers and then they sacked him.
He's shown me nothing in-ring or on the mic that warrants his employment anywhere. On a roster full of wastes of time and money, he stands right near the top of the pile. Another "WWE guy" Tony couldn't wait to snap up because he simply existed.

• Paid Members

As someone who though Malcolm Bivens had something to give, it's clear I was quite wrong. All he did in NXT was manager Sangha and Veer which was shit, then the Diamond Mine, which was shit. The best thing Stokeley has been involved in while in AEW, is being slapped on the back of the bonce by Kris Statlander. 

The MJF stuff is.. I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not into it as much as I want to be. I feel like there's no clear direction and at this point there should be. I get what they're trying to do but I'd be more than happy with a straight forward strong heel MJF. I'm not sure they need to muddy the waters or go for a turn or whatever else. It feels like they're complicating things for the sake of it.

18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The MJF stuff is.. I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not into it as much as I want to be. I feel like there's no clear direction and at this point there should be. I get what they're trying to do but I'd be more than happy with a straight forward strong heel MJF. I'm not sure they need to muddy the waters or go for a turn or whatever else. It feels like they're complicating things for the sake of it.

For me, I guess I'm reserving judgement. I don't at all rule out that they have a great pay-off planned; and that this was a necessary step along the way as they adjust plans from what they'd been looking to do with Punk. We'll see though, it could definitely go either way. 

• Paid Members

Solid show with FTR vs Swerve/Lee being a huge highlight. Still feel like they could use their TV time better and make the shows feel a bit breezier. You could have folded Bryan/Sammy into the opener as a 6 man and still told the same story and then used that slot to highlight another act (where is Ricky Starks?).

The Firm are the fucking worst faction in years and Biven is absolutely terrible. This story would work a thousand times better if it was just W. Morrissey as a lone hired gun in place of an entire faction of scrubs.

Those pops The Acclaimed are getting...beautiful stuff.

I genuinely thought Keith Lee had had a heart attack halfway through that tag match.  He looked fucking terrible, he managed that leapfrog and then just fell over and was completely blown up.

Whatever his underlying medical issue is, you have to think it would be improved by losing some weight, he’s absolutely huge now.

Luckily he has Swerve to cover for him but he shouldn’t be on tv atm, especially when there’s so much talent we never see on Dynamite like Starks or Samoa Joe.

My problem with that main event was that I just did not buy that Penta had a chance of winning the world title, and so there was no real buy-in from me. I love Penta but it would be some Russo "nobody would see it coming" type deal that just doesn't happen in AEW for him to suddenly win the world title in a match with no build at all, the week after they'd announced MJF/Mox at Full Gear.

28 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

My problem with that main event was that I just did not buy that Penta had a chance of winning the world title, and so there was no real buy-in from me. I love Penta but it would be some Russo "nobody would see it coming" type deal that just doesn't happen in AEW for him to suddenly win the world title in a match with no build at all, the week after they'd announced MJF/Mox at Full Gear.

Yeah that's my only issue with something like that. Great match and great pairing but no need to even make it a title match at all.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Certainly didn't help that MJF cut a promo hyping up his title match against Mox BEFORE the main event.

• Paid Members

Poor FTR, despite being number 1 contenders and crazy over they don't get a shot for months, then they lose the chance against Swerve in our Glory. 

Anyway. Stokley Hathaway is... I don't know what he is. One minute he's being this suave, suit wearing, glasses rocking, smart bastard, now he's a psychopathic dwarf in one of Jon Richardsons cardigans.