AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

I think if he didn't say "this is real life" it would have been a pretty perfect segment. Totally unneeded as everything he was saying perfectly fit into the kayfabe storyline anyway. I hate that shit. Other than that though it made me more invested in MJF's current storyline than anything since his return.

Edited by LaGoosh

Good, fun show. Was super worried for Hangman there, especially given Taz's reaction and the way they kept the camera off him, loosened the bottom the rope etc to get him out.

They've got five weeks of TV left before Full Gear (a Saturday PPV, thank fuck), so it'll be interesting to see how they keep MJF/Mox hot as a program for that time.

Edited by 69MeDon

As long we we get a fake out of The Firm surrounding BCC and they unmask to show  it’s The Pinnacle under the hoods so I can take my victory lap, then I don’t care what they do the other weeks haha

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Is Dalton Castle still held together with gaffer tape? If so, it's a shame, the guy is money and deserves an extended run in one of the big companies. 

Still wearing his back brace, and still at about half-speed from his prime. I noticed he rolled over on a German Suplex rather than holding the bridge, don't know if that was just positioning or to do with his back issues. He worked a super smart match that showcased his character and key spots, and there's definitely a spot on the roster for him to keep doing that.

• Paid Members

Add guys saying, “this is real life,” or, “this is the real me,” to the long list of stuff wrestlers need to never do again. Absolutely rubbish. Never adds anything other than completely take you out of the moment, undermining everything and everyone else. Everything is supposed to be real, or else what the fuck are we watching?

Thankfully, unlike Bray on Friday, MJF actually has the chops to overcome and pull it off. For all the nonsense chatter about Bray’s lore, it’s actually MJF that has the nuanced character, with an interesting backstory you can track and infer subtext from. Bray on the other hand is just an incomprehensible amalgamation of bollocks he’s ripped off from watching Shudder.

Phenomenal promo with Regal and Max. Completely gripping. Sucks to be CM Punk. MJF has managed to pivot so well and start building so much momentum that the idea of him continuing the Punk feud now seems a million years ago.

MJF’s the best worker in the world. Earning millions, carrying the company, and the fucker has wrested about ten matches all year, with barely 90 minutes of ring time. Nash levels.

I could do a few paragraphs about how much I enjoyed the MJF/Regal villain-off. One of my absolutely favourite parts was Regal looking slightly sad that MJF didn't smash his head in with the ring. Brilliant stuff. 

Regal on his knucks was a pearler. 

'I didn't need a ring to knock people out. When I used these it was because I liked hitting people with them.' 

3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Just glorious.

Queen’s lawyers will be on the phone toot sweet, for that blatant Radio Gaga rip off!  Can’t Tony Sniff afford the original?

• Paid Members

Dalton Castle is my jam. A crying shame he's made it to the big time a shell of his former self, but who cares. He's still got it where it counts, which is in being the most flamboyant, ridiculous dickhead in the game. I was originally a bit gutted watching him come in to just be a token ROH guy to lose to a workrate wanker like Jonathan Gresham. It's great to see how things have panned out. Gresham wouldn't even wear his octopus mask because he was such a sulky idiot about losing, whereas Dalton is now doing the big, daft Wrestlemania entrance in prime time. Balance has returned to the force. I hope they pay for the proper Queen track, even if it's just a one off for a PPV.

All I want out of this Dynamite is the match between Jerry Lynn and Chris Jericho. I’ve been saying for the last couple of years that Jerry has a match left in him, and if that doesn’t give it to us then nothing ever will. If it doesn’t lead to a match then it served no purpose

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

Given how protected that Tombstone was, I doubt we're getting any bumps out of JL.

I’m not saying it has to be a 20 minute, vs RVD in 1998 style epic from him, but it had to occur for a reason.

im assuming that Jericho drops the belt at Final Battle on December 10th, but fuck knows who to