AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

He’s a big fucking nerd who needs to get his company in order, but when Tony gets excited about something it’s still super infectious. Seems he has something big up his sleeve for Wednesday.

Best case scenario? Kota Ibushi. Worst case? Adam Cole.

Belting looking cards for both Dynamite and Rampage, though. Dare I say it, I know last year had the dream match with Omega and Bryan, but otherwise I think this might actually be a better card than last year! Loads of great stuff!

495AD017-2575-41C4-B1C9-B56E871287ED.thumb.jpeg.d5029cba174de5503b3a21077e45ae76.jpeg

Seem unlikely they’ll sell out the building, but considering last year’s show took place during the era where they were inexplicably doing that weird mood lighting, I bet this year’s crowd will look ten times as impressive simply by virtue of turning the fucking lights on!

But yeah. Mox vs. Danielson is my Hogan vs. Warrior.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

He’s a big fucking nerd who needs to get his company in order, but when Tony gets excited about something it’s still super infectious. Seems he has something big up his sleeve for Wednesday.

Yeah. I know I'm in the minority here, but that's the feeling I always have towards him. He's a massive nerd like the rest of us and he's getting to do what he loves. I just find that really endearing to see. Admittedly I don't really pay attention to anything he does beyond appearances on AEW shows and the presser stuff. Maybe he's a right dickhead if you follow him beyond that.

"It is going to be, I believe, have you guys seen 'Wayne’s World 2'? This is gonna be like my Waynestock. I’ve been through a lot lately, and we’ve gone through a lot. I’m telling you, it’s gonna come together, this is gonna like Waynestock. It’s gonna be that one perfect night in New York City this Wednesday night. Expect a lot, and you shall not be disappointed."

You can't tell me Tony didn't get into his stash early this week.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Seem unlikely they’ll sell out the building, but considering last year’s show took place during the era where they were inexplicably doing that weird mood lighting, I bet this year’s crowd will look ten times as impressive simply by virtue of turning the fucking lights on!

But yeah. Mox vs. Danielson is my Hogan vs. Warrior.

By all accounts they have done over a million dollars in ticket sales and sold more then last year, so hopefully it will be pretty full. 

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

"It is going to be, I believe, have you guys seen 'Wayne’s World 2'? This is gonna be like my Waynestock. I’ve been through a lot lately, and we’ve gone through a lot. I’m telling you, it’s gonna come together, this is gonna like Waynestock. It’s gonna be that one perfect night in New York City this Wednesday night. Expect a lot, and you shall not be disappointed."

You can't tell me Tony didn't get into his stash early this week.

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a Pepsi glass, or Punk wouldn't go in the ring that night. So, Ace Steel pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweetshop on the edge of town"

Just now, SuperBacon said:

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a Pepsi glass, or Punk wouldn't go in the ring that night. So, Ace Steel pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweetshop on the edge of town"

“So, we go. And, it’s closed. So there’s me and Ace Steel and Larry The Dog breaking into this little sweet shop right. Well, instead of a guard dog, there’s this bloody group called The Elite. Well, I managed to take out Kenny Omega with a bite to the arm, but The Young Bucks, that’s a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business really, but sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Punk went to the ring and put on a great match”

• Awards Moderator

My wife’s gone to New York this week with her sister and I keep trying to convince her that she’d be much better off popping to Queens for Grand Slam but for some reason they’d rather watch Harry Styles at MSG.

If they’d only announced Luigi Primo I know she’d have been at Arthur Ashe front row centre.*

*not true. If they’d announced Luigi Primo the entire place would’ve sold out instantly.