AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

This isn’t me saying AEW has its faults, but to have taken the time to pick at it as @RedRoosterappears to have done, to me looks more like a case of what I call RawSyndrome.

Watching out of spite and routine, instead of enjoyment. 

Perhaps it’s time to turn off, if you’re finding that many things you don’t enjoy, and find something else to spend 2+ hours a week on. 

I’ve never watched Dark/Elevation, and only watch PPV, Dynamite, and Rampage. I’ve never felt out of the loop for having not watched the additional shows.

Edited by Matthew

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

There was no real story behind it, and as a result, no real singles momentum for his character. Yes, he was unbeaten for a year, but if you were only watching Dynamite and Rampage, would you even be aware of that? I wasn't.

Painful as it is to think about. Dan Lambert and Men of the Year have been complaining about getting title shots since at least Holiday Bash? When Cody just walked out the week before and got booked in the TNT title match. That's been playing out on TV and they kept showing them at Revolution in the skybox.

The undefeated streak hasn't been a slow building thing on the Youtube shows. It was a heel picking up on something in the run up to Revolution. That he won the Ladder Match a year ago, and he hadn't lost since the Darby title match. Then using that as a selling point to hype himself up.

Then in the title match I would say the main plotline was that Sammy had stretched himself too thin, and Scorpio was there to take advantage.

That's basically been it. A story has been told. It's just been poorly executed for many. There hasn't been anything to miss if you've only watched TV.

The only thing that might have got people behind him more, would have been a tongue in cheek video package about the struggles of his year long undefeated streak. Lean in to the absurdity of it like Jericho did ahead of Full Gear 2019. Bring back "Soultrain Jones" as Scorpio's original trainer! Splash some cash on a Carl Weathers cameo.

29 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is it just me, or where they using a smaller ring than normal

It looked like that when I switched it on last night, think just the distance away from it was different in the hard cam shot than usual 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

This isn’t me saying AEW has its faults, but to have taken the time to pick at it as @RedRoosterappears to have done, to me looks more like a case of what I call RawSyndrome.

Perhaps it’s time to turn off, if you’re finding that many things you don’t enjoy, and find something else to spend 2+ hours a week on. 

I’ve never watched Dark/Elevation, and only watch PPV, Dynamite, and Rampage. I’ve never felt out of the loop for having not watched the additional shows.

I mean, you really could have picked a better person to lobby that argument against than RedRooster, who has championed AEW and Dynamite for as long as I can recall. You can still pick faults while enjoying the show, this post screams of the type of tweets you see on any slightly negative post on twitter about AEW just to say the buzz term 'E Drone'.  

I think for me, the annoying thing is that yet again, it’s another example of a wrestling company pulling the trigger on a wrestler that fans have clambered to be pushed for a while, only for that wrestler to have holes picked, by their toxic fan base.

This inevitably ends up in a situation similar to where Reigns found himself in, prior to this character he found.

Edited by Matthew

• Paid Members

Much better episode than last week in my opinion. The finish of the cage match was odd (just like the build) but the entrances and crowd reaction put it over the edge. Would love to see what Rosa and Britt can do with a gimmick match on PPV, without the time restraints.

30 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Yeah, that's nonsense. This is a discussion thread, so by it's very nature we discuss things. Heck, there'd be no point to this very forum if we did not. You can also look at someone like, for example, Wardlow and say "I'm not convinced" and still be able to enjoy elements of what they do. I compared him to Brian Cage, but Cage still had some fun moments in AEW while being a limited performer. 

My harshest criticism was for 2.0, and I really do hate them. But that's fine. There are people who dislike - for example - Skyler in Breaking Bad, Kevin in The Office or (correctly) Simon in Frasier, but still love the show. 

It's good that you don't feel out of the loop, but there are people who do feel that way, enough of them for this to be a recurring criticism. The steps that AEW could take to address this wouldn't make you enjoy the show less, but it would help others enjoy the show more. A good thing, no?

AEW is generally great, but it's not without its faults, and talking about them, while also acknowledging what you like, isn't wrestling's version of pissing on the bible. 

Edited by RedRooster

2 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

JAS billing themselves as Sports Entertainers and Regal's group being all about Professional Wrestling (Violence) surely means they're on a multi-man collision.

Yeah, I can see Eddie recruiting his old pal Moxley for battle against Jericho's group at some point which by association brings in Danielson.

Wonder if we'll get a blood and guts later in the year - Jericho Appreciation Society vs Eddie, Santana, Ortiz, Mox and Danielson?

Garcia and 2.0 will need a good bit of building up before that can happen though surely.

Edited by The King of Old School

• Paid Members

I think Garcia is capable enough that he'd be able to pick up some wins, there are plenty of people they can call up from Dark/Elevation that he can go over. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Lee Moriarty on Dynamite, even if it is only 10 minutes or so.

1 minute ago, CavemanLynn said:

JAS billing themselves as Sports Entertainers and Regal's group being all about Professional Wrestling (Violence) surely means they're on a multi-man collision.

You know, I didn't even consider this but that's a brilliant shout, and so many little seeds have been planted. Garcia joining Jericho's group seemed odd - but if a multi-man match is the plan, then it makes perfect sense, and the hints were dropped before either faction existed, with Danielson name-dropping Garcia, and criticising 2.0. I love the idea of the "wrestling" group slowly expanding, bringing in Yuta and Moriarty; the people Danielson name-dropped. Then they can go after Garcia, and have him be the first young wrestler to show genuine disrespect to Regal. A 5-on-5 match, featuring Regal's in-ring return? I'm definitely up for that. 

It's JAS, mann!

spacer.png

Not into Sports Entertainers Vs. Wrestlers at all. It seems like the modern day, on-the-nose shit equivalent of the New Blood Vs. Millionaire's Club. It stinks of Hogoff era TNA faction-itis and it's just another way - no matter how harmless or daft it may seem - that they're spiriting the presence of WWE into their own product to use as a heel. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK