AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members

AEW have never done a one-on-one ladder match, have they? I quite like the idea of them headlining an episode of Dynamite with Cody vs. Sammy with both belts hanging.

I'm salivating at the thought of the pop Moxley is going to get tonight. I hope he gets completely overwhelmed and lost on his way to the ring.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Stick that Troggs version of Wild Thing in and challenge him to make it to the ring before the flute solo kicks in. That'll get him there. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Stick that Troggs version of Wild Thing in and challenge him to make it to the ring before the flute solo kicks in. That'll get him there. 

Am I going mad, or was the first time he had Wild Thing it was The Troggs version and Mox was pissed off about it?

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Am I going mad, or was the first time he had Wild Thing it was The Troggs version and Mox was pissed off about it?

It was first used in the IWGP US title defense against Yuji Nagata. Not following NJPW that closely I thought it was just his NJPW music and not going to be a regular thing.

From what I saw from a TK quote was that Moxley didn't know about the flute solo as part of that version. So he was caught off guard and didn't know what was going on.

16 hours ago, Supremo said:

But yeah. Moxley is back! Yes! I got goosebumps seeing that graphic.

My biggest fear though? Kingston is supposedly out with an injury so I’m terrified they’re gonna slot Mox with Jericho.

God, I hadn't even thought of that. I hope his big return doesn't consist of him coming out to save Jericho from 2.0, without even saying a word; but that does seem possible, at least. 

• Paid Members

Danielson is the perfect fodder for him. Mox can come out and do his totes emosh promo thanking Tony, the fans etc. Bryan can then come out with all of his woke business and chastising him for letting himself go, etc. Superb shout- hopefully a few weeks of bickering and teases will ensue before they lock horns at Revolution. 

• Paid Members

Apparently Jericho is trying to trademark "GFY" after he said it in that promo with Kingston last week. I can only assume some opportunistic mark has been trying to sell a t-shirt with it on and Jericho wants a slice. 

Danielson makes utter sense. Mox is going to be over like anything and Bryan is the fucking man at the moment. Also add in that Mox had to drop out of the title tournament, it makes sense. Also, as someone said, it doesn't feel like a match or interaction we've seen much of.

• Paid Members

Danielson getting in Moxley's face about running away because he didn't want to face him in the tournament final could get some incredible heat. 

I assume that announcing it beforehand is in hope of popping a rating, but part of me wishes that they hadn’t and him turning up out of the blue would’ve gotten a much more natural reaction. All I’m expecting now is a bunch of dweebs putting on their best shocked face hoping to become the next meme.

• Paid Members

I think CM Punk has completely revolutionised pro-wrestling returns.

For decades it’s felt like the default opinion was that a big surprise was the zenith. No build up. No spoilers. I remember moaning myself when The Rock started hinting the afternoon before he came back in 2011. But after watching that Punk return at least three thousand times since it’s happened? It’s the best. Fuck surprises. Nothing beats that split second of anticipation as everyone holds their breath. The entire arena chanting for something, and then boom. Here’s exactly what you wanted. Pure magic. Way better than something happening completely out of the blue.

I hope they advertise him as the final segment of the show, announce, “please welcome, returning to AEW…” let the fans start chanting his name and then hit the music. Fuck yeah.

Ideally, also change the arena layout during the ad break to make certain he gets lost and loses his mind.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I think it lies somewhere between the two. Announcing it to create appointment television can be good, but in this age of social media a surprise can also do a good job of getting things trending on twitter/Facebook etc out of the blue. A lot of people's instinctive reaction is to grab their phone and do some kind of hashtag with an "omg I can't believe they're here! I had no idea this was going to happen." Like when Diesel came out at the Rumble and Striker had to stop himself shouting "Holy shit" on commentary, which I think may also be the last time he showed any genuine emotion on live television.