The Tony Khan Is A Twat Thread

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Have one of you been editing the Wikipedia of the University of Illinois? Tony is in there on the list of alumni, but amongst the prominent alumni mentioned on the main page is two time WWE tag team champion David Otunga. It's one thing not beating NXT, but when you can't get top wrestling billing over Otunga it's surely time to pack it all in and go and herd goats or something. 

I imagine Khan needs social media to get the acknowledgement he craves. While there are plenty of people who rag on him, there are still plenty of sycophants out there. If he’s not getting the satisfaction he needs from the ratings, he can get it here (and possibly through another meaningless Observer Award). It makes him feel good about his worst decisions, he’ll never give it up.

As far as his McMahon comment goes, it should (but won’t) open up the door for someone - at one of his press calls - to call him on his hypocrisy, given that he employs Jay Lethal and others with serious allegations made against them.

Ultimately, he’s nothing more than a troll with money. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably an AEW spoiler or something but. general election uk GIF by BBC

Spoiler

I see the little sniffy crab twat has yet another sex case on the payroll in Ric Flair. Something for people to tut disapproval at for a week or so. 

As @Merzbow said, he doesn’t give a shit about women or sexual abuse. 

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Something for people to tut disapproval at for a week or so. 

It's pretty much how I feel. What is there to feel shocked about here, given Khan's track record? It's terrible; but so is hiring Jay Lethal, giving airtime to Mike Tyson and seemingly overlooking the Darby Allin allegations. That's not to condone it, of course. 

The most depressing thing of all is that it's very unlikely that any wrestling journalist will raise the issues that should be raised at the next AEW press conference. This kind of thing will continue unchallenged, until the next "speaking out" movement occurs. And after that, things will settle back into the grubby little shitshow that it always seems to settle into. 

I imagine he had a stat for working out how long it would take for people to be okay with bringing that person in. "People will remember that story for X weeks, divide it by how many good matches he's had, multiply that by how serious the offence was, divide that by how pathetic wrestling journalism is equals X number of weeks."

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I imagine he had a stat for working out how long it would take for people to be okay with bringing that person in. "People will remember that story for X weeks, divide it by how many good matches he's had, multiply that by how serious the offence was, divide that by how pathetic wrestling journalism is equals X number of weeks."

WWE took his Wooooooo out of the opening video package post DSOTR. That lasted probably 6 months before they put it back in. So that was probably the gage TK used.

@RedRooster they can’t. Because if they did a mass sweep of all the wronguns in wrestling they would be no one left. I mean, Shawn Michaels is in charge of NXT and he used to drug and sleep with women back in The Rockers days, and nothing was said, probably because no one stepped forward. It’s a dirty, dirty, depressing industry which at least seems to be better now, but still problematic.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

The worst thing about is it'll be couch in the usual WWE/AEW format where everybody has to compare and contrast them rather than saying "they're both shit and they both should be held to account." It'll be "yeah, well WWE has done more of this." 

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Because if they did a mass sweep of all the wronguns in wrestling they would be no one left. 

Good. As it should be. 

8 minutes ago, Vamp said:

The worst thing about is it'll be couch in the usual WWE/AEW format where everybody has to compare and contrast them rather than saying "they're both shit and they both should be held to account." It'll be "yeah, well WWE has done more of this." 

Innit. Sure the business seemed to have cleaned up and gone from utterly horrific to less horrific. But all the newer nonces and a good chunk of historical nonces all seem to end up on the payroll of the same guy. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Good. As it should be. 

Innit. Sure the business seemed to have cleaned up and gone from utterly horrific to less horrific. But all the newer nonces and a good chunk of historical nonces all seem to end up on the payroll of the same guy. 

like Riddle, Velveteen Dream, Stone Cold, Michaels and Theory? Neither of the big two look good right now, Impact seem to be the cleanest of the main promotions.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don't worry, the biggest one will still be running the other place.

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

like Riddle, Velveteen Dream, Stone Cold and Theory? Neither of the big two look good right now, Impact seem to be the cleanest of the main promotions.

Lets not pretend he wouldn't take Austin in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Lets not pretend he wouldn't take Austin in a heartbeat.

Never mind that. If Endeavor parted ways with Vince McMahon, and Tony Khan caught wind of the fact Vince might be up for appearing on AEW programming to stick it to them; regardless of what Khan previously said, he'd have him on TV at the earliest possible opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

like Riddle, Velveteen Dream, Stone Cold, Michaels and Theory? Neither of the big two look good right now, Impact seem to be the cleanest of the main promotions.

I thought they got shot of Dream over his noncing? Can’t speak to Theory as I know nothing about him, what did he do? The other two are no doubt historical “I’ve changed since then” bollocks but yes, I’d gladly see them out of the whole industry. 

And we all know if the head honchos think sex offenders and the like will add value to their product, they’ll sign them and fans won’t give a shit. At best, they won’t know, at worst they won’t care or even weaponise it against the one that isn’t their team. 

Cheers for the Impact suggestion. Might have to check that out, although Wasn’t Ospreay on there recently?

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Vamp said:

There are people moralising in here who watch Raw and Smackdown every week. People pick and choose their standards and always have.

The worst thing about it is that Ric Flair terrorised a poor stewardess. He'd be cancelled in any other industry. In this one, he's in the WWE opening montage and walking out on Dynamite. Scum.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought they got shot of Dream over his noncing? Can’t speak to Theory as I know nothing about him, what did he do? The other two are no doubt historical “I’ve changed since then” bollocks but yes, I’d gladly see them out of the whole industry. 

And we all know if the head honchos think sex offenders and the like will add value to their product, they’ll sign them and fans won’t give a shit. At best, they won’t know, at worst they won’t care or even weaponise it against the one that isn’t their team. 

Cheers for the Impact suggestion. Might have to check that out, although Wasn’t Ospreay on there recently?

Flair is historical, but here we are are, holding him accountable. Theory Speaking Out will tell you the Theory allegations. And you are right, Wrestling fans by in large either 1) Don't know or 2) Don't care which is why legends will be booked, no matter the problems because it brings in views.

Ospreay was in Impact recently, and will be again this week. But if you are going to refuse to watch any company who has hired someone problematic, your only option is to watch no wrestling.