Undertaker wanted to join the UFC in 2006.

IANdrewDiceClay

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Seeing Taker bashed up by a goof like Sylvia would've been most gratifying. Don't know if it would've stopped him being a crypto-racist old arsehole though.

Given MMA and it’s fanbase, it would’ve enabled it and sped up the process. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

https://www.fightmatrix.com/historical-mma-rankings/generated-historical-rankings/?Issue=67&Division=1&Page=1/

Theres the worldwide top 100+ Heavyweight rankings from July 2006. Lets say we give Undertaker a year of top class training. How far down before you start giving him a chance ?

I mean, he's a skinny basketball player when you take him off steroids. And that is without the fact his knees, hips and groin were so shot in in 1999 he considered retirement. I think at that form you have to put him against Eric Crumble in his first fight.

100% Example of somebody believing their own hype.

I think more as time goes by, Taker's reputation will get worse and worse. As mentioned above he is essentially a basketball player on roids but because most of the locker room are scared of him (because he had a lot of 'stroke' and is close to Vince) he wore MMA Gloves in matches and thought he was a legit hard man.

Chuck in his hard right views, toxic masculinity attitude etc, his reputation is only going to go downhill. I honestly think about 10 years from now people will be going "Remember when Taker was considered a legend?"

3 hours ago, theringmaster said:

100% Example of somebody believing their own hype.

I think more as time goes by, Taker's reputation will get worse and worse. As mentioned above he is essentially a basketball player on roids but because most of the locker room are scared of him (because he had a lot of 'stroke' and is close to Vince) he wore MMA Gloves in matches and thought he was a legit hard man.

Chuck in his hard right views, toxic masculinity attitude etc, his reputation is only going to go downhill. I honestly think about 10 years from now people will be going "Remember when Taker was considered a legend?"

I don't think he'll ever not be considered a legend. His right-wing views, toxic masculinity or whatever won't affect his standing in the business or his storied career. 

The Undertaker will always be a legend. Mark Calloway is just a typical right-wing twat. But luckily, fans aren't so interested in the man, they're interested in the gimmick.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's probably not hard at all - after all, he got into the business during a time when you had to be moderately tough to prove to your contemporaries you belonged there.

• Paid Members

there's tough and there's tough, though - the Brawl For All showed that half the legendary "tough guys" of wrestling couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag.

There's just a massive inferiority complex around wrestlers of Undertaker's generation, that they all came up at a time when wrestler's weren't really seen as proper tough guys any more, but the generation that were was still sticking around. And then the UFC came along, and they all started pretending that they'd have done that had the opportunity presented itself - which is even more egregious for a guy like 'Taker, who had no relevant background whatsoever.

And early in his career, wasn't he known for riding with the ring announcer rather than all the old "tough guys" that he now points to for the credibility of having shared locker rooms with?

• Paid Members

It's why the wrestling guys cling on to the legend of Meng. He's the one guy that there's literally no hard evidence of. Its all stories and urban legend.

I do love Meng though.

Edited by Egg Shen