WWE Clash Adjecent To The Castle. Drew McIntyre (almost) comes home

Jazzy G

16 minutes ago, The Dart said:

I think the rumour was stronger this time than usual because of the promos Drew McIntyre cut on the tour.   It just seemed like it would be a really daft thing to say if there wasn't the intention of it happening.

You're right. I can't think of anyone associated with WWE ever saying something daft before.

11 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Best bet will probably be to wait to see if AEW announce shows over here next year and then assume WWE will run against them 😂

I do wonder if Vince cares that much about over here. He hasn't that much before. I'm all for it if it means they actually give us a decent show though!

8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I do wonder if Vince cares that much about over here. He hasn't that much before. I'm all for it if it means they actually give us a decent show though!

How is business doing over here for them on the tours? my comment was tounge in cheek but not sure if they run over here as often ( before the whole covid thing anyway )

I saw a couple of pics from a house show in Newcastle from this year but couldnt make out if it was a good crowd or not tbh, I'm assuming they still run the telewest arena or what ever its called now. I went to a show there back in 99 and remember it being a sell out, I have 12k in my headfor the attendance for some reason

EDIT -  Just remembered about Cagematch and their listings, the show I went to in 99 was 10,699 and the show there this September drew 7,723 which is way better than I expected them to do tbh 

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

8 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

How is business doing over here for them on the tours? my comment was tounge in cheek but not sure if they run over here as often ( before the whole covid thing anyway )

I saw a couple of pics from a house show in Newcastle from this year but couldnt make out if it was a good crowd or not tbh, I'm assuming they still run the telewest arena or what ever its called now. I went to a show there back in 99 and remember it being a sell out, I have 12k in my headfor the attendance for some reason

EDIT -  Just remembered about Cagematch and their listings, the show I went to in 99 was 10,699 and the show there this September drew 7,723 which is way better than I expected them to do tbh 

To be fair it's exactly the sort of thing Vince would do anyway. I think they always do pretty well over here as long as they don't run too often. But if there's more competition for peoples money with AEW then it'll be interesting to see what the crossover is and if it does impact on attendance. Hard to know at the moment, especially still in the middle of the pandemic really. I don't think we're completely back to normal in terms of seeing what true attendances could be.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

If it was a stadium show I could see it. It's a while ago now but they did use him in Japan.

That may have been more about making it look like important stuff happened on Network-exclusive shows, back when they were worried about getting subscribers.