Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2025 I’d pick my 11 year old daughter to chin 2025 Ferguson. Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted July 19, 2025 Posted July 19, 2025 Jake Paul vs Antony Joshua has to be complete bollocks surely ?? I feel like its Jake Paul on the wind up for publicity but you have Turki and Eddie Hearn commenting on it. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted July 19, 2025 Posted July 19, 2025 4 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said: Jake Paul vs Antony Joshua has to be complete bollocks surely ?? I feel like its Jake Paul on the wind up for publicity but you have Turki and Eddie Hearn commenting on it. I mean at this stage it genuinely wouldn't surprise me, Joshua got embarrassed in the last fight with dubois which pretty much killed what was planned for him. If he fought Paul the money on the table and exposure etc would be far too big to turn down and do something else instead. Think I'd slightly give AJ the advantage Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted July 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 19, 2025 when it first got mentioned I just brushed it off, but genuinely, I think it's going to happen. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted July 19, 2025 Posted July 19, 2025 (edited) I would be genuinely gobsmacked if Paul beat Joshua. Far more so than I was when Ngannou ran Fury close. I would not be shocked if the bout occurred though. Edited August 6, 2025 by jimufctna24 Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2025 I can’t believe I’m seeing people acting like AJ vs Paul is a remotely competitive fight or are giving Jake Paul any kind of shot at actually winning ? I know AJ is at the back end of his career but what are we doing here? Jake lost to Tommy Fury, for fuck’s sake. He beat a shite Chavez Jr, a geriatric Mike Tyson who had to be taken off a flight due to health concerns not long before they fought and a bunch of MMA fighters who weren’t boxers and were mostly on their last legs anyway. How is anyone buying into the smoke and mirrors job? I’ll give Jake this, he’s a hell of a salesman if he’s got people fooled that much. He did a face-off with Usyk last night as well and actually tweeted something about fighting AJ first then Usyk. Can you imagine the mockery Usyk especially would make of him? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 5, 2025 What on earth... Quote
jimufctna24 Posted August 6, 2025 Posted August 6, 2025 I remember that Williams was a pro wrestling fanatic in the 2000s. Anyway, he's now withdrawn due to injury. Ibeabuchi will instead box a journeyman that I have never heard of. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2025 Sad seeing Williams still fighting, he must have badly managed his money. He must have made a mint the Tyson/Klitschko double header. Had no idea he was a pro wrestling fan. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 1 hour ago, Egg Shen said: Sad seeing Williams still fighting, he must have badly managed his money. He must have made a mint the Tyson/Klitschko double header. Had no idea he was a pro wrestling fan. Williams's fondness for pro wrestling was mentioned in PowerSlam. He either subscribed to the Observer or PowerSlam IIRC (possibly both). It's indeed a surprise he's still fighting. Not just because of his age and the money he probably pocketed from the Vitali/Tyson bouts, but also because he used to really hate boxing. He'd apparently have terrible anxiety before bouts from what I remember and would circle venues in a car pondering whether to fight or not. Quote
Paid Members Jesse Posted August 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 12, 2025 6 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said: Williams's fondness for pro wrestling was mentioned in PowerSlam. He either subscribed to the Observer or PowerSlam IIRC (possibly both). If my memory serves he did an angle with Alex Shane in FWA that went nowhere, like appearing as a fan and getting into a physical altercation at a show Quote
jimufctna24 Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 (edited) 13 minutes ago, Jesse said: If my memory serves he did an angle with Alex Shane in FWA that went nowhere, like appearing as a fan and getting into a physical altercation at a show Well remembered. Quote Shane had a storyline with boxer Danny Williams, which started when Alex Shane, in a worked-shoot, informed the crowd that Danny's agent had, ironically, banned him from taking part in any sort of wrestling angle in the company. Shane then claimed he was going to grab as much publicity as he could and began to insult Danny Williams and his entourage. Williams genuinely appeared to lose his cool when, as he walked away, Shane called him a homosexual and spat at his teenage brother-in-law, inciting a pull-apart brawl. The worked fracas, that nearly ended up in disaster at the FWA show made it to the Daily Mirror newspaper and UK national news programmes - Alex Shane | Pro Wrestling | Fandom Edited August 12, 2025 by jimufctna24 Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted August 12, 2025 Posted August 12, 2025 I've always had a soft spot for Danny Williams. The KO of Potter when he only had one working arm will forever be completely nuts. As is the moment in the Mike Tyson fight in the 4th round when he realises "fuck this guy, he is done" and throws the kitchen sink at him. I was online on old boxing forums at the time like boxrec and you still had deluded Tyson fanboys talking shit back then. Watching Williams just wreck him is still hilarious. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted August 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2025 (edited) On 8/12/2025 at 12:49 PM, Jesse said: If my memory serves he did an angle with Alex Shane in FWA that went nowhere, like appearing as a fan and getting into a physical altercation at a show This rings a bell! Edited August 21, 2025 by Egg Shen Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted August 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2025 It was at a show at the real home of British wrestling, Broxbourne Civic Hall. I was there and it was about as convincing as Dillian Whyte's performance against Itauma. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.