jimufctna24 Posted September 28, 2025 Posted September 28, 2025 I saw the video earlier. I didn't realise it was Freitas who Silva was boxing. Apparently it was Freitas's son who knocked out Silva post-fight. Rivals Belfort vs Holyfield for daftness (Holyfield claimed he was double crossed). Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted September 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 28, 2025 Bloody hell is he alright? Look at the blood pouring out the back of his head Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 28, 2025 2 hours ago, waters44 said: Bloody hell is he alright? Look at the blood pouring out the back of his head Yeah there’s another video floating around that shows someone twats him in the back of the head before he gets knocked out. 49 years old. Quote
NeverYield Posted September 29, 2025 Posted September 29, 2025 What aggro at nearly 50, looks like he was set about with baseball bats. How much was he likely to earn from this charade? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted September 29, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 29, 2025 No idea what he was paid but it won’t have been worth the extra brain trauma (like he needed any more of that) and all the humiliation and piss taking. Saw someone mention earlier that this was originally supposed to be Wandy vs Vitor Belfort in a boxing match, Belfort dropped out. It wasn’t until I saw that mentioned today that I even remembered they were supposed to fight again. We even posted a bit about it a couple of pages back in this very thread and it vanished from my memory until now. I know I’m getting older but that’s much more down to me just being completely and utterly over this bollocks freak show/crossover fights shit. I used to love a good occasional freak show fight but it’s been collectively killed off as an attraction at this point for me just because it’s been milked absolutely dry as a bone. Quote
NeverYield Posted September 29, 2025 Posted September 29, 2025 100% agree, and its a shame that some of these guys who clearly need saving from themselves don't seem to have the people around them to do that for them. Yeah its old hat now all these crossover fights, like you theres been a few i've got invested in, but now they've overstayed their welcome, I saw nothing of the fight except the post fight chaos. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted September 30, 2025 Posted September 30, 2025 (edited) 17 hours ago, wandshogun09 said: No idea what he was paid but it won’t have been worth the extra brain trauma (like he needed any more of that) and all the humiliation and piss taking. Saw someone mention earlier that this was originally supposed to be Wandy vs Vitor Belfort in a boxing match, Belfort dropped out. It wasn’t until I saw that mentioned today that I even remembered they were supposed to fight again. We even posted a bit about it a couple of pages back in this very thread and it vanished from my memory until now. I know I’m getting older but that’s much more down to me just being completely and utterly over this bollocks freak show/crossover fights shit. I used to love a good occasional freak show fight but it’s been collectively killed off as an attraction at this point for me just because it’s been milked absolutely dry as a bone. Agreed. There is clearly still a market for influencer/crossover/freak/nostalgia fights, but they typically don't appeal to me either nowadays. I made an effort to watch Ngannou vs Fury/Joshua (and would if Aspinall or Poatan boxed Usyk), but those were exceptions. Random MMA legend vs Random Boxing Legend, Influencer vs Random MMA Legend, etc, do nothing for me. Edited September 30, 2025 by jimufctna24 Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted November 17, 2025 Posted November 17, 2025 Paul v Joshua officially announced for December 19th. Live! On Netflix. Eight three minutes rounds, 10oz gloves. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/articles/cwyprrlww9do I don't think this has already posted, sorry if it has. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted November 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 17, 2025 Where’s @Egg Shen for this filth? Quote
Rossman Posted November 17, 2025 Posted November 17, 2025 The mental thing about this, is Jake Paul was going to fight Gervonta Davis who hasn't fought over 140lbs. He's now going to fight AJ who normally weighs around 250lbs! Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted November 17, 2025 Posted November 17, 2025 As I said about the Davis/Paul fight. If it happens I’ll be surprised Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted November 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2025 Someone made a good point on Twitter (I know, crazy) that it’s funny how for years Hearn kept saying AJ could only fight exclusively on Sky or later DAZN when talk of the Fury or Wilder fights came up. But now it’s just Jake Paul he can magically fight on Netflix. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted November 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 21, 2025 (edited) In the latest instalment of fights nobody has ever asked for, presented by Jake Paul/MVP, on the undercard of AJ vs Paul… Don’t know what happened to the original Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman fight but now we’ve got this which is somehow even worse. At least Silva and Weidman had the history and a backstory, a third fight with the new wrinkle of it being just Boxing wasn’t getting my nips hard or anything but it at least had a little bit of something to it. Now they’ve dragged Woodley out of mothballs for a battle of ‘Jake Paul’s leftovers’. Grim. Hope Anderson chins him though. Edited November 21, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Dai Posted November 21, 2025 Posted November 21, 2025 Bet Woodley keeps pinching himself that he gets fights like this. Was he THAT big of an MMA star? Surely not, and certainly not the same level as people like Anderson and Wanderlei. He was a moderately successful champ, who was never that popular even at his peak, but in 2025 still bags big fights like this. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.