Gigs and concerts

Carbomb

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 10:23 AM, gmoney said:

Off to see The Mountain Goats in Bristol tomorrow. I bought tickets when they announced it, not realising they would probably announce a London date later on, but fuck it. Booked a couple of days off and will have fun trip. 

Had such a good time. Jon Wurster plays drums with them at the moment. I used to listen to the Sharpling and Wurster shows where he would call into Tom Sharpling's radio shows various characters like Philly Boy Roy and stuff like the below:

"It featured Wurster calling in as Ronald Thomas Clontle, the misguided, egotistical author of a music reference book titled Rock, Rot & Rule. Listeners believed the call to be a real interview with a real author and called in to argue with Clontle over pronouncements like "Madness invented ska" and "David Bowie rots because he’s made too many changes." 

I'm big fan, he's a bit of a hero of mine. Anyway seeing the Mountain Goats with Wurster drumming, playing a song about Bruiser Brody being stabbed, was a fantastic, beautifully odd colliding of three of my nerdy interests; music, comedy and wrestling. 

Edited by gmoney

I am so so excited I'm going to slam dunk festival in Leeds!!! 

Thanks to my wonderful when she wants to be fiance getting my ticket for my birthday. Get to watch the blackout doing the best in town in full, I prevail headlining, the ghost inside, funeral for a friend, all American rejects.

I'm so focused on enjoying every single second of it because the amount of money we have spent in a 48 hour period is harrowing but I couldn't have a better thing to do and have for my birthday.

1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I am so so excited I'm going to slam dunk festival in Leeds!!! 

Thanks to my wonderful when she wants to be fiance getting my ticket for my birthday. Get to watch the blackout doing the best in town in full, I prevail headlining, the ghost inside, funeral for a friend, all American rejects.

I'm so focused on enjoying every single second of it because the amount of money we have spent in a 48 hour period is harrowing but I couldn't have a better thing to do and have for my birthday.

Hope you enjoy it, just remember to weld your phone to yourself. Someone on here (sorry I can’t recall who it was) went to Slam Dunk and it was rife with people pickpocketing 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Hope you enjoy it, just remember to weld your phone to yourself. Someone on here (sorry I can’t recall who it was) went to Slam Dunk and it was rife with people pickpocketing 

It was @Accident Prone bless him. 

I had fun the only time I've been to Slam Dunk (I did cause a missing person's enquiry and was contacted by a huge band but that's neither here nor there!) but since then the line up just hasn't grabbed me. I did feel old though and that was 7 years ago! 

The only band I'd be interested in seeing this year is FFAF, but I've seen them about a million times.

Edit: @Kfogg1991 pack your wellies.

Edited by SuperBacon
Fucking Slam fucking Dunk fucking festival fucking shit fucking weather

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

The only band I'd be interested in seeing this year is FFAF, but I've seen them about a million times.

They’ve got a new singer now so maybe that’ll fresh it up a bit on one of their countless Casually Dressed tours that they only seem to do these days. 

I went to Slam Dunk in about 2016 and also felt really old. But I guess pop punk bands love it that way. 

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

It's not Matt anymore?

Well sod that even more then.

Nope. The rest of the band wanted to make new music but he just wanted to carry on doing nostalgia tours so he’s left and they’ve got the singer from Holding Absence to replace him for the final few shows.

I think they’re going to carry on as a band but under a new name.  

We went to Slam Dunk yesterday. We live pretty much in the middle of both sites distance wise, so chose to go to the south one because the weather was glorious and Leeds looked like a washout.

We have done a ton of festivals over the years and know what a huge difference the weather makes to the whole experience (being able to chill on the grass with a beer vs hiding in a tent watching some average band waiting for the rain to blow-over), and this was our first time taking a kid (9) so wanted it to be as easy as possible.
Hope you have an awesome time though @Kfogg1991

We pretty much treated it like when the Warped Tour used to be at Reading/Leeds so our day consisted of Snuff/Mad Caddies/H2O/Bouncing Souls/Pennywise/Goldfinger etc.

Honestly didn’t see any trouble at all and there were tons of families there which was nice.  Standing in a field with a beer in the glorious sunshine watching Snuff play the cricket music gave me a beautiful moment of childhood back:

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TibBo said:

Honestly didn’t see any trouble at all

That's good, it's not one I've been to but I know of it solely from stories of thefts, overcrowding and poor layouts.

Last year seemed a real washout for some if I remember right, trying to get in with parking issues and then getting bottlenecked at stalls trying to do anything when they did.

The north one seems a nightmare today :( just seen a message saying they have closed the car parking for the event and are advising folks to park in Leeds City center and find their own way to the event from there? Sounds chaos

9 minutes ago, TibBo said:

The north one seems a nightmare today :( just seen a message saying they have closed the car parking for the event and are advising folks to park in Leeds City center and find their own way to the event from there? Sounds chaos

Add to the fact that they've said the site isn't accessible for those with accessibility issues, absolute cluster fuck again. "Festivals open, just not for disabled people"

Not a one off either, they have massive issues most years it seems.

I remember going to Temple Newsam the year Guns N Roses played Leeds and it was a nightmare for mud back then. 

Hopefully folks get refunds. Sounds a stressful situation :(