MITB 2021 (memories and pipebombs)

tiger_rick

That reaction for Cena was something, great to see.

Cena/Reigns is the biggest match WWE could do at this point until The Rock comes back so as a SummerSlam main event it's brilliant. Cena looked pumped up and promo wise I'm sure he and Roman will bring the goods leading up to it. Big time feel.

Big E winning was telegraphed on SmackDown so not a massive suprise but we'll see what he does with it. I'd prefer if he goes down the route of telling the champion when he's cashing in and they build up to it properly. If Roman is being primed for The Rock at Wrestlemania then you wouldn't expect he'll be losing the title before then so it'll be interesting to see if Big E ends on on RAW and goes for Lashley, would tie in with Lashley's current fued with the New Day, that's if Goldberg doesn't put a spanner in those works.

Decent enough show to set up more stuff. SummerSlam is looking decent.

• Paid Members

Pat Mcafees response to Michael Cole proves he is the best thing they have on commentary. After Cena comes out and Cole says It’s John Cena, Mcafee asking where was pure genius!

I bet he’ll be gone in a few years, hopefully to AEW.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Pat Mcafees response to Michael Cole proves he is the best thing they have on commentary. After Cena comes out and Cole says It’s John Cena, Mcafee asking where was pure genius!

I bet he’ll be gone in a few years, hopefully to AEW.

Yep. Was just coming to post this. Probably the best call of the last five to ten years on WWE television.

Cole selects his level ten scream, “OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, CENA’S HERE.”

”…WHERE?!”

Howling.

When Vince dies, which going by how he looked on Friday is probably in about three weeks, Pat McAfee should run this whole company. He’s absolutely everything they’ve been starved of for years.

• Paid Members

I’m interested to see how fans will react to Cena. Surely everyone has grown up now and realised he’s brilliant?

Poor Edge though. Most cursed return of all time. Lad never catches a break. His best and most famous rival returns. All stars align to where he and Cena are both active members of the roster again. But who’s he facing at the big show? Seth Rollins. I’d rather re-injure my neck.

SummerSlam already has that 'big fight feel' about it with Cena V Reigns.  Just a shame it looks like we're getting Goldberg instead of Lesnar against Lashley on the Raw side.

This will be the biggest show they've put on since Mania 35.  I wonder why they have chosen a Saturday for the event.

They have also apparently promised the arena that it will be over in time for fans to make it to the boxing that night as well, so with the current time it's listed to start it's only going to last about 3 hours which makes the decision to proceed on the Saturday even stranger.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The pop for Cena might have been the biggest in 20 years. How has ever gotten a reaction that loud? Austin in 2001? Hogan in 2002? Fucking mental.

The reaction was indeed loud, but I do question how much of it was inflated with piped in bollocks.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

I’m interested to see how fans will react to Cena. Surely everyone has grown up now and realised he’s brilliant?

Like what happened with Stephen Hendry.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Matthew said:

The reaction was indeed loud, but I do question how much of it was inflated with piped in bollocks.

None by the live reports on twitter. It was a genuine "oh fucking hell!" moment. Now obviously being the first major return post-pandemic helped, but still it was pretty special.

• Paid Members

Even Pat McAfee wearing a cowboy shirt and bolo tie because they're in Texas feels like a throwback to the good old days, and a small step that makes this show unique, that ties it to its location, and that no other announcer in the company would either think to do or be allowed to do. 

I don't buy that Cena reaction when the music first hits. I'm sure they went nuts live and were loud anyway, but listen to the audio, the first beat of his music hits and the cheers are already at a peak level like somebody pushed play on a button. I've heard crowd pops to entrance music for years like all of you, it doesn't sound like that - the audio rises as everybody's voice rises at once, it takes a second to naturally go from 50 to 100. 

Edge's reaction felt similarly doctored. This massive fake eruption immediately, but the crowd isn't sustaining like it does when its really that hot. Then when he's standing there waiting for Roman's theme to hit, the crowd is sat on their hands, you can see them totally still, but you hear constant noise that sounds way too controlled, like there's a mic on picking up only 20 people and the sound is jacked up.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke