The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

When Chris Sutton is the voice of reason, you might want to stop. Do you think Owen is trying to cultivate something resembling a personality lately? It isn’t going well  

Sutton is generally an idiot but he's actually been quite well spoken about this subject in the last year or so. Michael Owen is just an incredibly stupid person. I can't imagine he pays attention to anything in his life aside from football and racing and doesn't understand a single thing about the world outside of that sporting bubble. He's like someone who's been living wild in a forest for 25 years and has just emerged blinking into civilisation.

32 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Sutton is generally an idiot but he's actually been quite well spoken about this subject in the last year or so. Michael Owen is just an incredibly stupid person. I can't imagine he pays attention to anything in his life aside from football and racing and doesn't understand a single thing about the world outside of that sporting bubble. He's like someone who's been living wild in a forest for 25 years and has just emerged blinking into civilisation.

I was thinking with his appearance on The Masked Singer (yeah, seriously) if he is doing some forced wacky I’m not a boring puddle really type thing. 

• Paid Members

Odegaard is different gravy. To think some of our fans turned their noses up against making his transfer permanent. Too much FIFA Ultimate Team for them, wanting the latest boner player out their instead. He's been immense.

I love them all. What a great bunch of lads. Still so young too, youngest squad in the league I think? Two new strikers to replace all of the strikers we're losing, a commanding central midfielder and perhaps a better back-up option for Tomi and we're well up there.

• Paid Members

That lad Atkinson was amazing for you last night. 😉

In all honesty you deserved that win, thought you played us off the park. Would have been interesting had White not dived though, would have LOVED to see what Coady would have done with that. Would have probably blown it over, but him nestling it in the bottom corner would have been one of my moments of the last few years.

Lacazette engaging Troy Deeney mode was very interesting, his physicality definitely let the rest of your forward line be able to play. Defo the best team we've played this season. Having an agressive cunt up top is underated. Raul could be that at times, but he just hasn't been the same since Luiz caved his head in.

I do wonder when a review of the officiating of football in England is going to happen, it's so dire.

3 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

That lad Atkinson was amazing for you last night. 😉

In all honesty you deserved that win, thought you played us off the park. Would have been interesting had White not dived though, would have LOVED to see what Coady would have done with that. Would have probably blown it over, but him nestling it in the bottom corner would have been one of my moments of the last few years.

Lacazette engaging Troy Deeney mode was very interesting, his physicality definitely let the rest of your forward line be able to play. Defo the best team we've played this season. Having an agressive cunt up top is underated. Raul could be that at times, but he just hasn't been the same since Luiz caved his head in.

I do wonder when a review of the officiating of football in England is going to happen, it's so dire.

It’s interesting to hear the view from the other side, I thought we were pretty poor for 70 minutes, lots of stale possession without really creating many chances. Pepe and Nketiah made the difference. 

Odegaard is fucking great. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, hallicks said:

It’s interesting to hear the view from the other side, I thought we were pretty poor for 70 minutes, lots of stale possession without really creating many chances. Pepe and Nketiah made the difference. 

Odegaard is fucking great. 

You were playing Lage's Wolves, most teams get stale possession, it's what we force onto teams. We're happy to let teams play it about and do fuck all.

You scored two goals against our back line, two really well worked goals. That isn't easy to do. You're play in and around the 18 yard box was excellent and really troublesome, and your press against our defence was spot on too, it's why I thought Saka played well, he harassed Saiss all game, and niggled at Ait-Nouri on top. Spot on graft.

• Paid Members

I don’t consider “pre-assist” to be a thing, but just like Kane to Son last Sunday, the Winks through-ball to Sessegnon for the goal yesterday has to be admired. Hope Winks actually doing something useful doesn’t make everyone forget the good work Skipp had been doing in the middle as the metronome before he got injured - a real Poundland Scholes. But without the goal threat, obviously.