The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 2/19/2022 at 10:02 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Well done Tottenham, you can hold your heads high and lose at Burnley safe in the knowledge that you helped Good Guys F.C get a bit closer to City.

Sigh.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You know when the managers have a drink after the game, do you reckon Dyche just gives them a can of Carling? I bet he does.

Carling is Brexit enough for Dyche but I reckon he has a penchant for Special Brew, the human Scotch Egg that he is. 

Conte hoovered up trophies wherever he went, turns teams into winners. It's quite an achievement for Spurs to kill him in 3 months. 

• Moderators

What's everyone's thoughts on flares at games? Not the kecks before someone says so. 

A lot of our support currently chucks them at games and it's fucking abhorrent behaviour. You'd think they'd remember that two Wrexham lads got done for manslaughter after Wales vs Romania in 1993 at Cardiff after one killed a fan. 

• Paid Members

Surely no one wants flares at games? Anything which can cause harm to others shouldn’t be allowed. Most premier league grounds I’ve been to I’ve had my bag searched. But I guess people will sneak them in regardless.

Flares should be kept at European footy grounds along with racist chants.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

There's no searches at non league football. So it's easy enough 

Yeah I thought as much as I didn’t get searched at Dagenham & Redbridge which is low enough to wonder what leagues need to enforce it.

Flares are fireworks for thick twats.

• Paid Members

Funny thing about last night is that it mirrored 2010 when Spurs won at City to qualify for the Champions League in the penultimate game of the season then lost at Turf Moor in the last. The difference being I won £70 on Burnley that day and didn’t have a flutter yesterday. I wish I had because it was such an inevitable Spursy result.

10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Conte hoovered up trophies wherever he went, turns teams into winners. It's quite an achievement for Spurs to kill him in 3 months. 

Reminds me of the joke around Euro 2004. Santini was meant to make Spurs play like France, but he ended up making France play like Spurs.

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

I got patted down going into a Dulwich Hamlet game a few years ago. Not that thoroughly though as I still snuck in 4 cans. 

Same! Not that thoroughly either, maybe I wasn't dressed enough as a hipster. 

Good day out that by the way. Dogs, kids, being able to smoke, wanky beers. 

Football was dreadful, but then I'm used to watching Spurs so...