The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

40 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Proper football at Elland Road. Sliding tackles, blood spilled, comical defending, poor playing conditions, fans behaving like utter cunts.

Leeds fans weren’t much better either OH HO!!

• Paid Members
On 2/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, SuperBacon said:

Mugging off those oil slags every season>>>>>>trophies. 

Personally I enjoyed Kane’s ball through to Son FAR more than I did us winning the Rumbelows Cup in 1999. As far as I can remember, that is.

19 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Proper football at Elland Road. Sliding tackles, blood spilled, comical defending, poor playing conditions, fans behaving like utter cunts.

It was a great game however the head injury was quite shocking to watch. Most people think that head injuries in football really need to be looked at. It's happening fairly often now when a player has a fairly big bang to the head, they carry on, only to go down 5-10 minutes later looking absolutely ruined. It's very sad to watch, considering what we do know about head and brain injuries. I don't know whether there needs to be something about proper concussion protocol? The NFL and rugby do something similar don't they?

Edited by stewdogg

• Paid Members

West Ham defender Craig Dawson complained to the ref about Burnley striker Chris Wood, who on Saturday allegedly kept meowing at Kurt Zouma.

The behaviour of Zouma is despicable and the situation is clearly not funny, but this is top vigilante-style shithousery.

6 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I don't know whether there needs to be something about proper concussion protocol?

There is, unfortunately it is quite often routinely ignored.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members

It's going to take someone dying from sudden head trauma for football to take it seriously. Just like happened in cricket with Phil Hughes. And even there there's still question marks over how the sport is treating concussions. Will Pucovski, who's only 24, has had 11 in his career so far and is still playing on. The sport doesn't give a shit about historical issues with heading the ball and it doesn't care about immediate injuries.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Football will be fine if heading was completely banned in my view. I'd prefer it, the ball will likely stay on the ground more as there is less incentive to pump the fucking thing in the air every other second, as is the obsession to do in this country. You never know, we might start to produce technical players as frequently as all the other countries then. 

In 3 years I have never coached a kid to head the ball once. 

• Paid Members

Wouldn't compulsory headgear be a much less drastic move than eliminating a skill that has been integral to the sport since it began? I don't understand why so many are advocating skipping that step. I haven't heard one voice ask for bouncers to be outlawed in cricket.

13 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Football will be fine if heading was completely banned in my view. I'd prefer it, the ball will likely stay on the ground more as there is less incentive to pump the fucking thing in the air every other second, as is the obsession to do in this country. You never know, we might start to produce technical players as frequently as all the other countries then. 

Games gone, lads. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I thought kids under a certain age were not allowed to head footballs?

• Paid Members

In training they aren't, but in matches they are. Which makes absolutely no sense because if they can head the ball in a match then they can't be trained to do it safely. So you can imagine loads of coaches are still training kids to head the ball.

• Paid Members

The amount of times this has happened in the British media is ridiculous. Best case scenario, let's pretend it's accidental (for the dozenth time), they can't tell black people apart if they have the same surname?

There have been a million footballers named Mendy that don't have a point-scoring element of shame attached to their name, I've never seen Edouard be mistook for them (even the one he's related to), nor even Benjamin himself before being arrested, funny that.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme