The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

R.I.P John Sillett. Coventry were always the local rival for the Villa in the early 90s when the other Midlands clubs were down in the lower leagues. I always had a massive respect for what he had done at Highfield Road and he always seemed a wonderful man. 

Psychology of the Merseyside derby tonight is all over the place. Some blues hoping we get tonked so Benitez leaves. Likewise some reds who wouldn't mind a draw to avoid being the ones to cost him his job. Can't see anything but a 3 or 4-0 in Liverpool's favour. No one goes home happy.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Psychology of the Merseyside derby tonight is all over the place. Some blues hoping we get tonked so Benitez leaves. Likewise some reds who wouldn't mind a draw to avoid being the ones to cost him his job. Can't see anything but a 3 or 4-0 in Liverpool's favour. No one goes home happy.

Football would be so ace without the fans.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Pinc said:

sick team america GIF

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm genuinely struggling to believe this. 

Same here but this is the club that had a fan freely admit that when Benitez became Chelsea manager he was hurt, then went for a long walk and realised it was like an ex getting a new partner and that helped soften the blow. 

• Paid Members

I’ll never forget going to a mates birthday in Twickenham on a Saturday, jumping on the train back to Manchester on the Sunday at Euston and my carriage being full of United fans heading up the country for the “Chelsea home game.” It’s a joke but… on this day at least, it was true.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I’ll never forget going to a mates birthday in Twickenham on a Saturday, jumping on the train back to Manchester on the Sunday at Euston and my carriage being full of United fans heading up the country for the “Chelsea home game.” It’s a joke but… on this day at least, it was true.

My very favourite spin on this was when I worked in town, there was a Champions League game against Real Madrid. I finished work and went to the Market Street tram stop where a couple of Spanish lads in Real tops were giving directions to a couple of chaps wearing Man Utd tops and advising which tram they needed to catch to get to Old Trafford.