Andrade gone from the ‘E

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Thea Trinidad’s fee just skyrocketed now they can come in as a duo. Very exciting!

It’s a novel approach by WWE. If you can’t beat Dynamite in the ratings just keep releasing talent that you know he’ll sign until you eventually bankrupt Tony Khan.

• Paid Members

I think I'm right in saying that although it was used as his first (then only) name in WWE, Andrade is his actual surname (well one of, Spanish naming conventions) so he probably could go elsewhere under that name or a variation of, if he wanted?

56 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I really hope Andrade does end up in AEW, with Thea Trinidad by his side. Andrade vs Omega, Andrade vs. Page, Andrade vs. Moxley, Andrade vs Pac, Andrade vs Darby and even Andrade vs. Paul Wight are all matches I'd love to see. 

I'd add Andrade vs Penta or Fenix to that list. There's so many possibilities for him at AEW.

• Paid Members

WWE will fight much harder to keep her, I'm sure, and while I wouldn't expect to see her leave I wouldn't 100% rule it out. 

She's apparently been removed from Wrestlemania graphics this year, which is very odd. It's probably because she's working on the Walking Tall reboot, but given that we've been inundated with stories of how much WWE want control over their talents' extracurricular activities, it would still be pretty odd if they've signed off on her getting a TV gig that clashes with Wrestlemania.

But if she takes off as an actor, and starts getting more offers, then a relaxed schedule outside of WWE and without them having any input on her non-wrestling career choices could make an AEW gig seem more appealing. I can see that kind of thing being a dealbreaker for plenty of people, in terms of the grass being greener on the other side.

On top of that, what does Charlotte have left to achieve in WWE? She's held every title she's eligible for, main evented Wrestlemania, won the Royal Rumble - unless she's particularly invested in equalling/beating her dad's record (which no one will really treat as such given it's with less prestigious titles anyway), or particularly loyal to the company, what is left for her there?

• Paid Members

Bar the initial shock of seeing her at Dynamite, in that Sable-front-row-at-Nitro way, I don’t think there’s anyone in WWE I’d be less interested in seeing jump to AEW than Charlotte Flair.

With almost everyone else, the excitement is seeing them tap into something new, explore the flashes of brilliance we saw before it was squandered and hopefully have them reach their full potential. I genuinely don’t think there’s any of that with Charlotte. We’ve seen her full bag of tricks. There’s nothing she’s not shown us. She’s the purest product of the Performance Center there’s ever been. She brought nothing in with her and has taken no inspiration from anything outside of that system since. At a push, it might be interesting to see how certain talents work with her, but as an individual I’ve almost no excitement seeing her make the jump.

Seriously, I want Billie Kay to jump more than anyone. She’s top of my list by a significant margin. Her randomly bumping into John Silver backstage would have more electricity than when The Rock bumped into Stone Cold that year he hosted Wrestlemania.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I doubt Charlotte will leave, but she'd be one of the more high-profile possible names to do so, and one you'd assume would be a lifer.  I don't think I'd have much actual interest (for much the same reasons as @Supremo), but she's been presented as a star rather than an engaging character. If AEW (or anyone else) could get something in there that feels more real than regal, that could be interesting.

Although WWE have gone all-in on making sure she was high-profile, she rarely felt as interesting in WWE as she did in NXT. I could have some genuine interest in Charlotte vs Britt Baker (a LOT of that being Britt now), for example. 

It's very possible she's not as emotionally attached to WWE as we tend to assume - Andrade being messed around, sure. But also, it might depend on how she feels about how her dad has been handled, as well as things like the storyline about the death of her brother. If she's been a driving force behind some of those things, then eh. But if she's been less happy than it appeared, it could be very interesting.