Unexpected or unnecessary Wikipedia articles

Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

I created a Wiki page for my mate in 2014, despite him being of very little significance. It was an experiment more than anything, as the criteria of getting an article green-lit is quite stringent and I wanted to see how it worked.

I stretched every truth as far as possible to make it sound like he was worthy and to my utter surprise, it was accepted. It’s still live, too.

I bet with enough imagination we could get a notable UKFFer their own page. Happy to set it up if enough people fancy providing their input.

Do you have to put sources for whatever you write about for them to accept? 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I created a Wiki page for my mate in 2014, despite him being of very little significance. It was an experiment more than anything, as the criteria of getting an article green-lit is quite stringent and I wanted to see how it worked.

I stretched every truth as far as possible to make it sound like he was worthy and to my utter surprise, it was accepted. It’s still live, too.

I bet with enough imagination we could get a notable UKFFer their own page. Happy to set it up if enough people fancy providing their input.

Could we set one up for @Astro Hollywood in light of his published books and podcast series?

@scratchdjI used to love asking my Google Home to do animal noises for me. The duck sounded like it was having a great time.

@King Coconut I don't think that's the right choice. 

• Moderators

No need, I've already had my wiki fame. About 10 years ago, I went onto my town's wiki entry and found someone had written me in both as a 'notable resident' and a 'big fat poof' [citation needed]. Consequently, the thought of having my own page seems like a fucking nightmare.

There's a couple of UKFFers I'm surprised don't have one. Dean Ayass is surely notable enough, and John Atkins has 1.4m YouTube subscribers, plus his own ukulele brand and app. He's done Cameo videos people have used as wedding proposals!

Edited by Astro Hollywood

5 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

No need, I've already had my wiki fame. About 10 years ago, I went onto my town's wiki entry and found someone had written me in both as a 'notable resident' and a 'big fat poof' [citation needed].

Show them your address and the citation request will be fulfilled. 

• 1 month later...