Unexpected or unnecessary Wikipedia articles

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I love happening across stuff like this during a rabbit hole dive.

There's an article about nicking petrol, for instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline_theft

Common decoys include pretending to press the wrong buttons after the credit card are swiped or having multiple people get gas at the same time, with one paying for another person and the other running off with both cars.

Cool.

• Paid Members

This is my favourite:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_badgers

Which, if that's too specific, directs you to also check out:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_musteloids

It used to include the badgers Lucy attempts to protect in Yes, Minister, but they've been sadly removed. Apparently off-screen fictional badgers don't fit their exacting standards.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who immediately checked to see if Bodger and Badger was on there.

It was the first one that came to mind, instantly. Followed by 'oh there must've been a badger in wind in the willows, farthing wood, Beatrix Potter and that posh nob Rupert the Bear'

• Awards Moderator
25 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

There was a badger in Farthing Woods, called Badger funnily enough. He carried the mole around on his back but went senile and got a bit nasty with it in the second series. 

That was a dark, dark kids show. I got nightmares for ages after Owl got encased in cement but was still awake enough to know it.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

That was a dark, dark kids show. I got nightmares for ages after Owl got encased in cement but was still awake enough to know it.

Fuck that show, Mrs hedgehog getting caught on the road and Mr hedgehog refusing to go on without her turns back saying "Whatever you do don't curl up" to be met by a fucking truck.......

• Awards Moderator
50 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Fuck that show, Mrs hedgehog getting caught on the road and Mr hedgehog refusing to go on without her turns back saying "Whatever you do don't curl up" to be met by a fucking truck.......

I used to love watching it as a kid, even used to get the magazine, but I don’t think I could cope with it now. Brutal stuff. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who immediately checked to see if Bodger and Badger was on there.

I did, but as I've now learnt Bodger is dead I wish I hadn't. 

Off Topic but I can't make mash potatoes without singing "mashed potato, mashed potato, mashed potaaaaaato" like Badger as I mash away. 

• Paid Members

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal_celebration

• The scorer exhibiting some kind of dancing after the goal, usually joined in by teammates. The first player to gain worldwide fame for this was probably Cameroon veteran Roger Milla at the 1990 FIFA World Cup, who celebrated all four of his goals by dancing around the corner flag.[23] Peter Crouch garnered attention for his robot dances after scoring goals for England.[28] Five South Africa (Bafana Bafana) players performed a memorable Macarena-style dance after scoring the opening goal at the 2010 World Cup.[29] Antoine Griezmann's 'Hotline Bling' goal celebration dance features in a 2016 Puma commercial.[30]