Great cast, shame about the film.

chokeout

• Paid Members

So Sneakers got re-uploaded to Amazon a few days ago and it's a guilty pleasure of mine (The original VHS release had a PC hacking game bundled with it which I can find no evidence ever existed, but trust me, it did!)

Anyway, I know its a mediocre action heist film but look at this cast!

image.png.ee5fecad3e623b1cec693d74d8356d75.png

And apart from Redford because amazing and charming And Clark Kents dad off of Lois and Clark being an evil prick they are all given nothing to work with apart from a couple of one liners each.

So what films do you think wasted the best casts. Oh and you can't pick Valentines Day, thats cheating

• Paid Members

The Return of the Musketeers

Reunited that stellar cast from the first two films, and added Kim Cattrall to it, and it was not only a disappointment, it killed Roy Kinnear too.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Bring. Back. DOWNVOTES.

Haha Hey I love it, apart from Sir Ben, who's a bit shit in it, but no-one is given anything to do.

its a solid 7/10 and one of those points is purely for Big Sid getting to deliver the line 'Motherfuckers mess me me and I'll split yo heads' 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Haha Hey I love it, apart from Sir Ben, who's a bit shit in it, but no-one is given anything to do.

its a solid 7/10 and one of those points is purely for Big Sid getting to deliver the line 'Motherfuckers mess me me and I'll split yo heads' 

I absolutely love it.

It's the sort of clever / entertaining film that Hollywood rarely makes any more. I think that's why everyone was so fond of Game Night as well, because it was in that sort of ball park. A really good cast in a really well plotted film that needed some semblance of thought that's also very funny and seems like it was a great experience to make.

I watch Sneakers about once a year, which I think is about as frequently as @Frankie Crisp also watches it.

The Mexican not only has the distinction of being my second DVD ever bought but also of being the most bland nothing waste of a film. It’s like someone pitched a “What if Floyd was the protagonist of True Romance but we Gore Verbinski’d it up?”

Anyway, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Bob Balaban, JK Simmons, Gene Hackman, and Gandolfini in a film that couldn’t even have the common decency to be shit. Just plain.

Sin City 2 is an absolute mess with a brilliant cast. Everything good from the original just made horrible. 

Ocean's 12 is a complete and utter waste of space too.  Just why.. 

Ocean's code is  11,original, 8 surely?? 

Not having Setec Astronomy being besmirched here though, it's superb. 

As others have said more eloquently, brilliant story telling and a style of film very seldom seen in Hollywood any more. My name is my password, verify.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, patiirc said:

Ocean's 12 is a complete and utter waste of space too

12 is my favourite. Vincent Cassell adds Gallic flair into the mix and I really like the continental feel to it. I like the cinematography. 

Rat Race was woeful. John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson playing an Italian Mr Bean, Whoopi Goldberg, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jon Lovitz, Seth Green. Not a bad cast, but my god what an unfunny mess. Certainly not Jerry Zucker's best movie. 

• Paid Members

The Ocean's 11 remake is the only worthwhile film in that franchise. Ocean's 8 blew its chances by casting James Corden. 12 and 13 are  Soderbergh at his familiarly crappest. The original is amazingly boring.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Rat Race was woeful. John Cleese, Rowan Atkinson playing an Italian Mr Bean, Whoopi Goldberg, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jon Lovitz, Seth Green. Not a bad cast, but my god what an unfunny mess. Certainly not Jerry Zucker's best movie. 

Is this a great cast though ? Even in 2002? 

I love Monty Python and Boyz In The Hood but there is a mountain of shit films that mob have appeared in. Combined together we are probably talking lottery winning odds of it being good.

• Awards Moderator
On 3/3/2021 at 4:17 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

I absolutely love it.

It's the sort of clever / entertaining film that Hollywood rarely makes any more. I think that's why everyone was so fond of Game Night as well, because it was in that sort of ball park. A really good cast in a really well plotted film that needed some semblance of thought that's also very funny and seems like it was a great experience to make.

I watch Sneakers about once a year, which I think is about as frequently as @Frankie Crisp also watches it.

Watched it the other day, weirdly enough. Each time I do, a different character stands out. It was Mary McDonnell this time; her mannerisms and coyness are so well delivered.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Watched it the other day, weirdly enough. Each time I do, a different character stands out. It was Mary McDonnell this time; her mannerisms and coyness are so well delivered.

I've only just realised she was Ruby Goldfarb in the Fargo TV series. She's seriously underrated.