"Seen this YouTube video, mate? It's well funny."

Astro Hollywood

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

I can't tear myself away from this compilation of 80s Christmas ads. Hollywood Nites! Family Circle! Just Brazils!

It's mad the brands advertising then that you don't see advertising on TV now. Roses, Quality Street, WHSmith, Argos...

Also a good roll call of dead celebs.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Love that Dixons advert, but a grand for a video camera? That's (apparently) £3700 in today's money!

Thank you for looking up the conversion, that turned my head when I heard it. My dad got a JVC video camera around this time, I might ask him what he paid for it... 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very famous moment from Irish talk show “The Late Late Show” with host Gay Bryne..

He is giving away a car by calling people who entered a contest, after the first person picked isnt available he calls again and speaks to a lady(Rita) who drops a bombshell.

In what could have been a complete disaster in live TV, Gay handles it with dignity , respect , professionalism and great humanity. The whole audience and guests also take this tone.

For something that came out of left field  on Live TV it was handled incredibly well. 

A bit long but worth watching , the actual call with Rita starts at 4 mins).

Some wonderful comments.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

This is a very famous moment from Irish talk show “The Late Late Show” with host Gay Bryne..

He is giving away a car by calling people who entered a contest, after the first person picked isnt available he calls again and speaks to a lady(Rita) who drops a bombshell.

In what could have been a complete disaster in live TV, Gay handles it with dignity , respect , professionalism and great humanity. The whole audience and guests also take this tone.

For something that came out of left field  on Live TV it was handled incredibly well. 

A bit long but worth watching , the actual call with Rita starts at 4 mins).

Some wonderful comments.

Thank you for sharing that. Never knew about this and what an incredible and moving bit of TV it was.