The NXT Discussion Thread

DJM

I dunno, obviously not being a viewer of NXT for a long time it just seemed that were setting up for something big at the end, everyone was expecting Guilia but obviously she’s was in Japan on the same day and is currently injured, then my stupid mind hilariously junped at the thought it might be AJ Lee due to Perez’s interactions with Punk which I quickly shot down due to the return being wasted on that show and then I couldn’t think of any other TNA wrestlers who could show.

Joe Hendry in the battle royal next week though? I’d have some of that.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I don’t know what the big fuss is about regarding that Cody segment with Spears, Page and King. It was the subtlest of nods and slightest of digs. A complete nothing beside it being kind of novel to see them all together. Hardly some type of flex when Pillman looks like such a twat, going absolutely nowhere. Cody should have asked, “is this Dark or Dark Elevation?”

Edited by Supremo

5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Joe Hendry in the battle royal next week though? I’d have some of that.

I mean, yeah, but how ridiculous would it be to have Joe Hendry turn up mere days after they’ve held a PPV in Scotland?

5 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

I mean, yeah, but how ridiculous would it be to have Joe Hendry turn up mere days after they’ve held a PPV in Scotland?

I mean the TNA stuff isn't really a main roster thing is it? They can play around with NXT and random Rumble appearances but they're not doing anything with the main shows. They've got their own Scots to focus on.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I don’t know what big fuss is about that Cody segment with Spears, Page and King. It was the subtlest of nods and slightest of digs. A complete nothing beside it being kind of novel to see them all together. Hardly some type of flex when Pillman looks like such a twat, going absolutely nowhere. Cody should have asked, “is this Dark or Dark Elevation?”

Honestly, I think it landed in the exact opposite place to intended - it's presumably meant to be a "look, all of Cody's mates want to work here rather than the other place", but came across to me as "yeah, I know when we signed Cody we made it look like there were huge glittering opportunities for wrestlers jumping ship from AEW, but nowadays odds are you'll get a showy debut on the C-show and then we'll forget all about you". Same goes for Andrade now being hidden away in Twitter content that's not even acknowledged on TV. All the ex-WWE guys that are desperate to go back should be having second thoughts. 

39 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Honestly, I think it landed in the exact opposite place to intended - it's presumably meant to be a "look, all of Cody's mates want to work here rather than the other place", but came across to me as "yeah, I know when we signed Cody we made it look like there were huge glittering opportunities for wrestlers jumping ship from AEW, but nowadays odds are you'll get a showy debut on the C-show and then we'll forget all about you". Same goes for Andrade now being hidden away in Twitter content that's not even acknowledged on TV. All the ex-WWE guys that are desperate to go back should be having second thoughts. 

Is that true though? I'd agree Andrade hasn't had it easy. But Pillman Jr has had a fair time on NXT. Shawn Spears was never going to be much more than what he's come back doing. And Ethan Page literally just turned up so tough to judge. But I don't think having that immediate main event is a bad thing.

Who else is there? Jade Cargill. Don't think her treatment would be making anyone think twice.

Dragon Lee has had it a bit better than Andrade but not any real consistency on the main roster and isn't exactly hot with the audience. So yeah maybe if you're a Mexican lucha guy or similar you'd not be jumping at the chance, but it's not all doom and gloom.

• Paid Members

Joe Hendry is just a megastar in waiting, isn't he? 

Genuinely brilliant entrance with a fantastic pop. You could see how chuffed he was in his face and they seem to have further plans for him going forward.

Frankie Kazarian leading the battle royal was not what I had on my bingo card at all.