2021 Celebrity Death Thread

Magnum Milano

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Grumpy man actor Ed Asner has died at 91. What a career 

He was great in (the original) "The Wrestler" where he effectively played Verne Gagne, wrestling promoter (while Verne himself played Verne Gagne, wrestler). RIP.

j8hsBYi.jpg

Edited by Pier Six Brawler

• Paid Members

It's a good movie. It was on Amazon Prime at one point. Its got a rare appearance of fat pre plane crash Ric Flair in it. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

It's on Youtube:

That makes it even easier to watch. 

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The IOC is a horribly corrupt organisation. Was he part of the cause of that? I don't know much about the history tbh.

His wiki page has a “Controversies” sub section. Make of that what you will. 

• Paid Members

Yeah. 39 is no age to go, and cancer is an awful way. I dismissed Girls Aloud as one of those manufactured pop fads when they came about, but the singles were really good, and I ended up taking a punt on the first album when I saw it for a fiver on sale. There were some great tracks on it. Mars Attack is the one that sticks in my mind from that album. The second album I don't listen to that much, but it has its moments. Chemistry is one of the finest pop albums I've ever heard though, and gets regular plays. It's definitely their peak in my opinion. I wish I'd been able to see them live, but was also worried I'd have been arrested and stuck on some kind of register if I did, since I was probably the wrong gender and at least 10 years older than what I originally perceived to be their target demographic. It was a shame when they went their sepe rate ways, none of them managing to recreate the sound, in no small part due to the absence of Xenomania's production. 

This was a shame as, like Keith said above, we'd known it was coming for a while but it doesn't make it any easier to take. I'll probably stick some of their stuff on and go for a bit of a walk later. 

I said WALK, no Thunderplex-style celebration of life for me. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sarah Harding has died from cancer. Really sad, this one. Knew it was coming but still, awful awful news. 

Yeah, I was just thinking about her the other day and the fact that we hadn't heard any news about remission meant that it wasn't going to be good news in the end. Really gutted, Girls Aloud were absolutely brilliant and you could tell that every one of them played a big part in making them work as well as they did. She's a huge part of recent pop history.