Forum Awards 2020 NOMINATIONS

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

So this year has been... special. The forum has by and large looked after each other.

A couple of important points. To spread a little more joy this year, 2019's winners of the positive forum awards are not eligible in 2020. (But want to win dolt x 2? Go for it). So nominate someone different this year. Ineligible are:

On-topic poster - tiger_rick
Off-topic poster - Keith Houchen
MMA poster - wandshogun09
Good Au - Onyx2
Funniest - IANdrewDiceClay

Also. A certain tatoo-loving vegan poster was banned from the forum this year and we don't want any mention of him. He is Benoit'd. If you do mention this poster by name, I'll delete your post and you'll be subject to a two week ban. 

You can nominate until on the 10th January.

Please nominate up to three choices for each of the following awards, clearly stating the specific award your nominations are for. Nominations are important - the most popular will go through to a vote in January.

If you want to give reasons or arguments why you've made your picks, please do.

Refresh yourself on potential posts of the year by visiting this thread. 

Positive awards

Post of the Year

On Topic Poster of the Year

Off Topic Poster of the Year

MMA Forum Poster of the Year

Funniest Poster

Thread of the Year

Please Post More - who lurks when they should post?

Good Au Award - in 2020, before all the nonsense kicked off, we lost one of our own and one of our best. Christopher Au passed away and was generally one of the nicest people on this forum. Hence this award is named in honour of him.

Negative awards

Dolt of the Year

White Noise - who posts when they should lurk?

Failed Comedian

Worst Thread of the Year

Flounce of the Year

Edited by Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Positive awards

Post of the Year

1) King Coconut plays the 'Chippy Tea' song

2) Any of Astro Hollywood's Vinny Samways posts

3) Devon Malcolm's Mad Max: Fury Road post

1) Supremo - he watches pretty much all the shows and this remains commendable.

2) DavidB6937

3) wandshogun09 - not a frequent poster but always a pleasure to read when he does

1) JNLister - my go-to for information on politics and many other subjects.

2) Chris B

3) BomberPat

Haven't been in there this year, no idea.

Funniest Poster

1) Thunderplex

2) Astro Hollywood - for Vinny Samways alone.

3) King Coconut - chippy tea!

Thread of the Year

Whatever this year's shitting thread was

AEW Dynamite thread

US Election thread

Please Post More - who lurks when they should post?

There are too many choices for this one! I'd love Gus Mears back more often though. And I do miss King Pitcos.

Good Au Award

1) Frankie Crisp

2) Duke

3) johnnyboy

And many, many more.

Negative awards

Dolt of the Year

1) Michael_3165 - based on the fact I have him on ignore. There must be a reason for this (sorry Michael)

2) Lord Mountevans

White Noise 

1) David - I've got him on ignore for a reason (sorry David)

Failed Comedian

I can't really talk on this count

Worst Thread of the Year

1) Speaking Out - an important thread with important discussions. But there are some low, low moments in there. The Knights' reactions to AVM being the first to come to mind.

2) Best biscuit - I love a biscuit but this was tedious

3) Which wrestlers would you have a threesome with - it reminded me Scott Sellars existed but that was its only redeeming feature

Flounce of the Year

1) JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1. DavidB6937

2. Supremo

3. BomberPat  

These three are consistently entertaining, consistently insightful and it's always worth reading what they have to say. Any of them would be a worthy winner. 

This forum, specifically the mental health thread, had particular siginificance to me this year. I found myself severely depressed earlier in the year, and I found it tough to admit that to friends in the 'real' world. Several posters stepped in and had some helpful things to say at a time I really needed it. If you were one of them, thank you so much. I can't even tell you how important that ended up being. 

Anyway...nominations for Off Topic Poster:

1. Frankie Crisp

2. Mr_Danger

3. Super Bacon

Please Post More 

1. unfitfinlay

2. Mr.Showtime

3. Glenryck Pilchards

Good Au Award

(I could nominate a whole host of people for this, it's been a real struggle to narrow it down...in the end I'm limiting it to people I've not nominated in other categories)

1. Shy Dad

2. Tommy!

3. LaGoosh

Thread of the Year

The Mental Health Thread - It helped me personally, how could I not nominate it?

AEW Dynamite Thread 

The Tories are Cunts 

5 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

Also. A certain tatoo-loving vegan poster was banned from the forum this year and we don't want any mention of him. He is Benoit'd. If you do mention this poster by name, I'll delete your post and you'll be subject to a two week ban.

To be honest, and I know it matters not one jot as it isn’t my forum, this really doesn’t sit well with me. He was arrested for rape and sexual assault and just because he was one of the more popular posters on here it really feels like it’s been swept under the carpet. I understand we don’t want to hamper any ongoing police investigation but we mention and reference boydy and Gatso all the time so it seems rum that we can’t do the same with this one just because he was popular. If/when the investigation is over and that’s the reason for giving it a Duane D-notice then fair enough. 

• Moderators

What do you even mean by 'swept under the rug'? No-one's covering for him. I think it's absolutely a good call by @Onyx2 to not let him be nominated for 'worst poster' and discussed in award nominations generally because that would ruin the fun spirit of the awards and massively trivialise what he allegedly did.

Anyway. Let's leave it there, as requested by the awards mod!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

13 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

What do you even mean by 'swept under the rug'?

A thread was removed, we can’t name him but if that only applies to this thread and isn’t forum wide then fair enough. But yes, let’s not name him to preserve the good nature of calling people dolts and how their white noise posts stink up the forum. I’m sure those on the receiving end take it all with great humour. 

• Paid Members

On Topic Poster of the Year - Supremo, LaGoosh, tiger_rick

Off Topic Poster of the Year - Harmonic Generator, Mr_Danger, Devon Malcolm

Funniest Poster - Astro Hollywood, Houchen, IandrewDiceClay

Thread of the Year - As good and insightful as the Tories, US Election and covid threads are, they do show just how depressing the world is right now and there's always the danger that David may start a 7-page circular argument in them. The three that I always enjoy reading most (probably because they most closely align with my interests) are VHS and Betamax, What Play You and the AEW Dynamite thread.

Please Post More - Just CleetusVanDamme really. Always seems a laugh.

Good Au Award johnnyboy, Frankie Crisp and FelatioLips are always sound.

Negative awards

Dolt of the Year - KingOfSports, Lord MountEvans.

White Noise David

Failed Comedian - That forlan bloke who tried to make a troll thread about Mike Quackenbush the other week.

Worst Thread of the Year - Any thread about snacks, at one point you couldn't move in off-topic for whats your favourite chocolate/crisps/biscuit/cake. You'll never be as interesting as EatClean and chippy tea. The Netflix/Prime and Disney+ threads too because I get easily confused.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

A thread was removed, we can’t name him but if that only applies to this thread and isn’t forum wide then fair enough. 

I'm fine with him being discussed on the forum if all police and/or legal matters have been concluded. I'm not aware that they have been if that's the case though.

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I'm fine with him being discussed on the forum if all police and/or legal matters have been concluded. I'm not aware that they have been if that's the case though.

Yeah. Chest knows best. I reckon that’s the best course of action and now I’m fucking off so I don’t influence the white noise vote any further! Speaking of. 

White Noise

Super Bacon. Even by his own admission he was everywhere during lockdown. Thankfully he is doing better now but that was a long lockdown for him and us. 

Patiirc - Werner Herzog could make a documentary about Taylor Alison Swift and pat would make it sound incredibly boring before making it all about pat. 

• Awards Moderator

Good Au - HarmonicGenerator, Nick James, jazzygeofferz - there’s an abundance of others who’ve been incredible this year but have already been nominated in Paid so I won’t clog this post. Speaking of which, that place has been a saviour this year. And I mean that. Some people in that subforum have contributed to helping my life turn around more than they could realise.

Post More - PhiloVance, JLM, CuckedByMenry, Mab

Edited by Frankie Crisp

Good Au award - Ralphy. He's the heart of this place for better or worse, and especially this year he's been very open about his issues and always looked to help others in the mental health thread. He's never slow to poke fun at himself and doesn't get precious when others rib him, so for me he's worthy of the nom this year. UKFF has been a great support network to many this year and would have been a good sight worse off without his presence.

• Paid Members

On Topic Poster of the Year - BomberPat, Garynysmon, tiger_rick

Off Topic Poster of the Year - Harmonic Generator, Chris B, Frankie Crisp

Funniest Poster - IandrewDiceClay, Astro Hollywood, Keith 'Boris' Houchen

Good Au Award Frankie Crisp, Monkee, jazzygeoffers

• Paid Members

Post of the Year: Ian - Rick Rude's Cock, Butch - Vader's chinos incident

On Topic Poster of the Year: BomberPat, Supremo

Off Topic Poster of the Year: JNLister, and Butch for the sheer joy and passion resonating through his Wrexham FC posts.

Funniest Poster: 

Thread of the Year: I should maintain the gimmick and say the TNA thread, but the clear winner for me is the US Presidential Election one which I really enjoyed and had some fantastic contributions. AEW Dynamite has been a good running commentary of what's going on in the company too.

Please Post More - 

Good Au Award - Honestly there are so many to mention.  jazzygeoffers, HarmonicGenerator, Nick James.

Edited by garynysmon