Minor Annoyances (Vol 2)

9 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

People in the audience at the Olympics who realise they're in the background of a shot and start mugging for the camera. 

The ultimate "highlight" comes from the wild "ooh camera" mood swings. You've made it to a big game, but the team have been total shite and you've gone on to lose 4-0. You're sick as a parrot and other associated clichés. You're shaking your head in anger, maybe you're a bit tearful, when else are your league one side going to get a big opportunity at Wembley? All you can do is emotionally shake your head sadly and wipe away the tears. Oh hang on, I'm on camera! Big smiles and waves people! Absolute pricks and without a shadow of a doubt the worst people on the planet. Stubbed toes are too good for them..

I popped to town to run a few errands. Popped in to a bakery and bought a cookie. It's big and beautiful looking, dark chocolate and pistachio - everything in its appearance looked to be a nice, delicious, chewy cookie. Instead it's rock solid, I could break a tooth on it rock solid. A friggin biscuit masquerading as a cookie. Almost as disappointing as when you think you have a chocolate chip cookie and it turns out to be raisins.

• Paid Members

Raisins are the best, I'll hear no slights against raisins. Best scones, best cookies, best "chocolate covered" sweet. I used to take bags of raisins and raw carrots to school.

If I bought what I thought was a chocolate chip cookie and it turned out to be raisins, jackpot. The best thing they ever did was take peanut Revels out and put raisin Revels in. Peanuts aren't even the best nut.

• Members
8 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I popped to town to run a few errands. Popped in to a bakery and bought a cookie. It's big and beautiful looking, dark chocolate and pistachio - everything in its appearance looked to be a nice, delicious, chewy cookie. Instead it's rock solid, I could break a tooth on it rock solid. A friggin biscuit masquerading as a cookie. Almost as disappointing as when you think you have a chocolate chip cookie and it turns out to be raisins.

Think you need to pop back in for an opticians appointment :)

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Think you need to pop back in for an opticians appointment :)

Worst thing is, I'm still sat here eating it even though it is utterly disappointing.

• Paid Members

They're dried grapes you heathens. It's like me saying I don't eat chocolate chips because they're little poopies. Get your minds out the gutter and embrace them.

• Paid Members

I don't hate raisins quite as much - the little boxes of California Sun-Maid were a treat for me as a kid - but I'm a chocoholic, and raisins are definitely a trade down for me. Plus I have no truck with fruit and chocolate together, unless there's booze in there as well.

• Paid Members

I had some chocolate covered gooseberries from the Polish section in Lidl the other day. Love gooseberries but these were not it.

• Paid Members

I've got your back on the raisins love Flips. I love them and when I have raisins before I eat them I will always say in the style of Ian Dury "Raisins to be cheerful, 1...2...3..." then throw the first raisin in the air and catch it in my mouth. 

• Paid Members

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in my whole life than when my mum used to work at a bakery and she brought home some iced buns one day and they had raisins in them. Cried for hours.