The All New Post a pic of yersen.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Found myself in the capital on fucking coronation weekend by accident. I've a race over here on Saturday, thankfully it's running away from the city. 

All the celebrities were out in force at Belfast City Airport to come over too. Jimmy Nesbitt was being chatted up by a pair of aul dolls as we were getting off the plane. Then the big one. Lembit Opik was attempting to change his flight at the check in desk. The teller proceeded to tell him to do one, that he could couldn't help him and that he'd have to go away and talk to a robot on the phone. 

Oh and I took the train past the O2 arena. What a fucking god awful monstrosity that is. Obviously everyone knows this, but up close it's even worse. 

Though Petersham Wood and the meadows down there on the riverside, are very nice indeed. A nice wee bit of trail finding outside my hotel door, suitable for a country bumpkin like myself. 

IMG_20230504_152030.jpg

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Then the big one. Lembit Opik was attempting to change his flight at the check in desk. The teller proceeded to tell hi. To do one, that he could couldn't help him and that he'd have to go away and talk to a robot on the phone. 

Good. Fuck him and his harmonica.

38 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Though Petersham Wood and the meadows down there on the riverside, are very nice indeed

Going to assume where you are, and say that Old Deer Park, or Richmond Park are well worth a visit if that's where you are staying. You're very close to where a young SuperBacon grew up :)

And yes the O2 is horrendous. They should've turned it into a massive homeless shelter after the Millennium. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Going to assume where you are, and say that Old Deer Park, or Richmond Park are well worth a visit if that's where you are staying. You're very close to where a young SuperBacon grew up :)

And yes the O2 is horrendous. They should've turned it into a massive homeless shelter after the Millennium. 

Slap bang in the middle of that indeed Bacon. Staying at the Harbour hotel. Currently sitting on a bench outside Roebuck at the minute admiring the view and the (currently) fortuitous weather. Thanks for the Park tips, I'll be sure to check them out! 

25 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Slap bang in the middle of that indeed Bacon. Staying at the Harbour hotel. Currently sitting on a bench outside Roebuck at the minute admiring the view and the (currently) fortuitous weather. Thanks for the Park tips, I'll be sure to check them out! 

Marble Hill Park is worth a nice stroll as well, and there are some nice pubs on the Twickenham side, the White Swan being the nicest, with a lovely decking area right on the river.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Thanks for the review, Cheeky Girl. 

Fairly sure I did share the story of how the bastard ruined a date for me with his harmonica, and it doesn't even benefit from being as dirty as that sounds.

• Paid Members

The 02 is a stone’s throw away from me and relatively quick bud journey/long walk. Such an odd looking contraption. But Mrs Facesitter and I are fond of it - when we first moved to the city we moved to Bermondsey and we’d frequently get the tube there for meals, pints, the cinema etc. I think we’ve only ever done one gig there in our time! 

Greenwich Park is superb and there’s some nice spots within Greenwich itself. Nearby Blackheath Park isn’t the most picturesque but it’s a huge wide open area and it’s where the London Marathon always starts. I also work not far from Richmond and Old Deer Park/Richmond Park are really good spots. 

Imagine coming all this way and not inviting @SuperBacon and I for drinks and instead choosing to do a healthy, athletic pursuit? Unbelievable. 

4 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Imagine coming all this way and not inviting @SuperBacon and I for drinks and instead choosing to do a healthy, athletic pursuit? Unbelievable. 

Long moved from that way. But I still never forget my TW roots.

I even get emotional when I see my old estate on TV when England are playing rugby!

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Greenwich Park is superb and there’s some nice spots within Greenwich itself. Nearby Blackheath Park isn’t the most picturesque but it’s a huge wide open area and it’s where the London Marathon always starts. I also work not far from Richmond and Old Deer Park/Richmond Park are really good spots. 

I know @Fatty Facesitter, it's a travesty. When I make it back to Richmond Sunday evening, if yourself, @SuperBacon or anyone else that's sometimes in the area fancy a pint Sunday night or Monday, give me a shout. 

Thanks again for the recommendations guys.  Heading over to Kew Gardens this morning and then I'll probably continue a tour of the parks for the rest of the day, should these predicted thunderstorms stay away.