• Paid Members

I was so bored/confused week-to-week during the first season of Westworld that I didn't get the big reveal until it was explicitly spelled out in the recap before the second season. I gave up pretty quck into that one.

I liked the look of the mental third one but I'd be beyond lost!

I started watching Homeland (on S3 now) and it's pretty much a hate watch now to see what obviously stupid thing Carrie will do and somehow get away with next. Brodie's perma sourfaced daughter can get the boat too.  

6 minutes ago, DCW said:

I started watching Homeland (on S3 now) and it's pretty much a hate watch now to see what obviously stupid thing Carrie will do and somehow get away with next. Brodie's perma sourfaced daughter can get the boat too.  

I too hate watched it for a long time, but there was one later series that really did pull it back together. I've dropped out again though, but I'm sure I'll finish it one day.

Still maintain that the first series is incredible and the last episode of that series is the most tense TV episode there has ever been. I'm panicking just thinking about it.

7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The first two episodes of The Rehearsal have been excellent. If you like Nathan For You, you will love this.

In the first episode, when he walks round the corner as the owner of the blog The Thrifty Boy I absolutely lost it and had to pause it for a long while. Nathan Fielder is a genius.

the numbers guy in episode 2 cracked me up too. the show is shaping up so well.

6 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

the numbers guy in episode 2 cracked me up too. the show is shaping up so well.

I mean it was clear from the start he was more than just "spiritual" but when he asked Nathan 

Spoiler

If he knew how to hit a bong and Nathan's awkward "uuuuh" reply, I was howling. 

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

I mean it was clear from the start he was more than just "spiritual" but when he asked Nathan 

Hide contents

If he knew how to hit a bong and Nathan's awkward "uuuuh" reply, I was howling. 

his

Spoiler

"thanks for your input" to his flatmate, said with eyes averting gaze

is a particular form of American passive-aggressiveness I've seen quite a lot of too, if it's fake then a very good bit of observation!

BETTER CALL SAUL

Spoiler

Somehow this show made a bloke falling over while Gerry from Parks and Rec ate a pastry incredibly tense. Gene getting the old Saul/Jimmy feelings back and realising at the end he couldn't be that was subtle and great. Not the best episode ever, but a nice change of pace from the previous ones.

Started watching The Time Travellers Wife and it’s well paedo. Not read the book or seen the film but I hope he gets exposed as a groomer. There’s a bit in the first episode where a 6 year old says she isn’t brushing her toys hair, she’s grooming him. I hope that has some significance because the whole thing is dodgier that boydy on a train. 

25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Started watching The Time Travellers Wife and it’s well paedo. Not read the book or seen the film but I hope he gets exposed as a groomer. There’s a bit in the first episode where a 6 year old says she isn’t brushing her toys hair, she’s grooming him. I hope that has some significance because the whole thing is dodgier that boydy on a train. 

Steven Moffat did this version so I wouldn't be surprised if its even more pervy.

Weirdly, he essentially stole the story for a number of his Doctor Who episodes.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Watched the whole thing. Still can't decide what I thought about it. Plus then found out there was no second season so that was a bit annoying.

15 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

What would the second series be? Him going back in time and noncing the grandkids? 

I think Netflix are getting it signed so they can go for their Netflix Cinematic Universe bollocks and it’ll have crossover episodes with the new season of The Crown

I’m on season 3 of Better Call Saul and 

Spoiler

Holy fucking shit, GUS FRING!!! FRING Vs DING DING is shaping up to be incredible already!!

Also watched the first few of the new Only Murders In The Building and it continues to be an absolute delight. Martin Short in particular is wonderful.