The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I know it's the HHH era, but the fact commentary said nothing, not even about the chaos and destruction that had left behind, was weird. I am sure it was for dramatic effect, but it just felt weird they sat there for 5 minutes and said nothing. I mean did they kill this guy, or Gable? 

Eh, what do I know clearly 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know it's the HHH era, but the fact commentary said nothing, not even about the chaos and destruction that had left behind, was weird. I am sure it was for dramatic effect, but it just felt weird they sat there for 5 minutes and said nothing.

Spooky smoke melts mic connectors brother. 

• Paid Members

It’s hard enough being a wrestling fan but then we have to put up with shite like this. Absolutely terrible. I’m sure the main guy nearly tripped up so we nearly had Shockmaster V2, and the guy with the hammer somehow looked extremely nervous despite the fact he was wearing a big mask and carrying a massive hammer.

I only watch PLEs so I’ll only suffer the crap matches and won’t have to deal with all the bollocks on TV. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

We all accepted The Undertaker was a spooky "dead man" when we were growing up.

yeah, and he was involved in some utter dogshit angles too.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

We all accepted The Undertaker was a spooky "dead man" when we were growing up.

At some point we have to realise we're all sad old bastards and we're not the target audience for any of this.

Very different times buddy. When they did the Undertaker gimmick they made tons of mistakes and there were some dreadful angles. You have to have a heart of stone not to laugh out loud at the sight of Undertaker ascending to heaven. What this tells us is that they have learned fuck all over the years. Every incarnation of this kind of angle has been rotten to the core. All smoke and mirrors and everyone comes out looking like a bellend, even Undertaker has. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Also, importantly, beneath the costume is still Bo fucking Dallas.

Well, someone's clearly not a Bo-liever. 

Bo has had flashes of being decent over the years, but he's never really been given a whole heap to work with, so will be interesting to see with a big push if they can make this work. Or we are getting a worked shoot promo in 6 months of him taking off the mask to reveal "the real Bo Dallas" after the angle fails miserably. 

16 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

yeah, and he was involved in some utter dogshit angles too.

Oh definitely, but I have a special place in my heart for that utter dogshit. It was terrible, and cheesy and I loved it for that very reason. Like watching an awful horror movie. It wasn't the desired or intended effect but I certainly enjoyed it, in a way. 

Edited by mim731
Extra info/reply

Just now, mim731 said:

Well, someone's clearly not a Bo-liever. 

Bo has had flashes of being decent over the years, but he's never really been given a whole heap to work with, so will be interesting to see with a big push if they can make this work. Or we are getting a worked shoot promo in 6 months of him taking off the mask to reveal "the real Bo Dallas" after the angle fails miserably. 

Can't wait for his "I looked like uncle fester!" Promo. 

I'm bias in my optimism, because I absolutely adored the fiend. It wasn't perfect by a long stretch, red ring lights, booking themselves into a corner, match stoppage during the HIAC,  but it had chatter akin to it's flashes of seemingly unfathomable potential, lofty claims of being the second coming of the undertaker, but that too as previously mentioned lead to some ridiculous points beyond the pale. 

Less is more, but wwe often has the point "yeah but MORE is even more! Basic maths bro!", so I'll trend carefully giving the benefit of the doubt so freely, in part because I have a soft spot for Lumas et al.. And I'm more than aware I'm not the target audience /demographic they're reaching for these days, and with WWEs impatient ADHD booking, I'm hoping this will bear fruit.

The novelty wore off half way through the segment. I found it a bit boring during the slow panning of the backstage area. 

If they had sped it up and condensed it down to half its time, then I think it wouldn’t have been so bad. 

It was all too “live”. It felt like one of those shit haunted house things you see around Halloween that you walk through while out-of-work actors jump out in masks to scare you. 

Edited by wordsfromlee

29 minutes ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Let Drew wrestle in TNA, bag himself a title shot then have Punk screw him there too. 

Incredible idea. Someone have the referee shirt ready for his arrival.