The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Matthew said:

For those complaining about the Punk promo not being genuine, or dull etc. what would you have preferred, given before Raw, it was fantasy booked and people were complaining that he would likely come out and use lots of insider references ā€œshoot-kayfabe bollocksā€.

That wasnā€™t done, and was still the wrong decision, so which was the right one?

An angle that set up a future match or programme, rather than ending the show on "it's nice to be here, tip your waiters, try the veal".

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, BomberPat said:

An angle that set up a future match or programme, rather than ending the show on "it's nice to be here, tip your waiters, try the veal".

How do you know it's not setting one up until we see what happens next?

11 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

That's not how it ended though. The last line of the promo was "I'm here to make money, not friends."Ā 

Opinions aside surely thatĀ isĀ an obvious angle? Week one and he's does a modest, workaday monologue we all know he doesn't believe and is beneath his own promo level and then signs it off with a wink and "I'm still a dick" to the camera.Ā 

Iā€™ve watched it back, itā€™s a good promo and I donā€™t think his delivery was that flat either. Itā€™s just so hard to believe the ā€˜aw shucks, howdy doody, gee whillickers I love you guysā€™ routine from him.

I think they didnā€™t have anything for him, so just let him go out and wipe the slate clean for a fresh start when heā€™s next on Raw.

Iā€™m so in for Cody/Punk when they get round to it.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

That's not how it ended though. The last line of the promo was "I'm here to make money, not friends."Ā 

Opinions aside surely thatĀ isĀ an obvious angle? Week one and he's does a modest, workaday monologue we all know he doesn't believe and is beneath his own promo level and then signs it off with a wink and "I'm still a dick" to the camera.Ā 

Iā€™m on board with this, and as I posted earlier it was my initial reading of it; that it was deliberately a bit disingenuous so Rollins or whoever can call him out on it.Ā 
Ā 

However, what was being posited is that his only two options were either Ā pipe bomb 2.0 or the promo we got, taken purely at face value, and that fans would be unhappy with either or are hating it because heā€™s not in their favourite promotion any more.Ā 
Ā 

For me, if what youā€™ve suggested is the direction then thatā€™s a fine third option, amongst numerous other possible things he could have said or done.Ā 

Edited by JLM

11 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The Iā€™m here to make money not friends was apparently cut out of some of the social media clips, so if that is designed for an angle thatā€™s a weird thing to cut.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0LSWFoMBpO/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Ā 

Nah, they made a feature of the line.Ā 
Ā 

It was my least favourite part to be fair, that and how they built it up all night like he was going to call the Pope a cunt or something equally explosive.

If they were just going to do a ā€˜happy to be here, happy to have finally realised how much I love it here, love you guysā€™ palate cleanser they should have just done that.

• Paid Members

Maybe that can be the gimmick. Schmaltzy babyface promo followed by a snippy comment to the camera.Ā 
Ā 

ā€œYou all know me, I live and breathe WWE, Triple H is my father and I plan to personally give every superstar in that locker room a back massageā€Ā 

*to camera*

ā€Real talk though, Ā if any of you fuckers are expecting Starbucks gift cards you are in for a rude awakeningā€.Ā 

30 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

"Honestly, I enjoy a beer after work as much as the next guy, and you should probably grow out of Rancid at my age"Ā 

Honestly, if he comes out for his next match in a Coldplay hoodie and hits the ā€˜Rum and Coke Plungeā€™ Iā€™d be delighted.

Ā