The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, air_raid said:

Have you seen the Sheamus match from the house show during the League of Nations era? If not, it’s on YouTube.

Or here https://ukff.com/topic/142250-house-showtv-tapings-random-happenings/?do=findComment&comment=3531376

I hadn't, thanks. I hated "you look stupid" era Sheamus though. He's one of my faves now. Would love to see him get that big showcase match and payday on a major show. He deserves it.

18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If nothing else, it’s great to see how far we’ve come from when it would be Red T-shirts vs. Blue T-shirts. What a motley crew.

IMG_6899.thumb.jpeg.1190efb536aa80eb74e9e61018155389.jpeg

Looks like Dads at the school gates, making friends with each other despite having nothing in common.

Seth certainly looks like he’d be at the school gates with them, but I’m not sure any of the kids would belong to him…

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I hadn't, thanks. I hated "you look stupid" era Sheamus though. He's one of my faves now. Would love to see him get that big showcase match and payday on a major show. He deserves it.

They lost their way with him big time more than once. The “kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse” period of his first babyface run especially, * but the heel run around the time of this Lesnar match he was stale as anything. His title run was part of their terrible commitment at the time to Lugering Roman, except worse, like instead of not beating Yoko, Lex held the belt for ten seconds then lost it to IRS.

* The actual nadir for me being when he needed to get a tag partner and said to the heels “I couldn’t find the Ax, and I couldn’t find the Snasher, so I went out and got the 450 splasher” to introduce Justin Gabriel. Which did nothing to help either of them.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, the state of those lads. And they're the babyface team? I wouldn't want to be caught dead cheering them on. The 90s raver nonce, the 38 year old dressed like a 16 year old, the detective from an ITV police drama and a homeless bloke. What a bunch of twats.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Fuck me, the state of those lads. And they're the babyface team? I wouldn't want to be caught dead cheering them on. The 90s raver nonce, the 38 year old dressed like a 16 year old, the detective from an ITV police drama and a homeless bloke. What a bunch of twats.

Seth looks like the Bantasaurus Rex just let everyone know he still had some moolah on his Nando's gift card so they're going for a cheeky Nando's on him, and he's just declared "Smithy my son, you're an absolute ledge" because he knows they're going to have an extra cheeky Nando's with a side order of Top Quality Banter.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Seth looks like the Bantasaurus Rex just let everyone know he still had some moolah on his Nando's gift card so they're going for a cheeky Nando's on him, and he's just declared "Smithy my son, you're an absolute ledge" because he knows they're going to have an extra cheeky Nando's with a side order of Top Quality Banter.

I’m just waiting for the day Seth comes down to the ring on a penny farthing at this point.

Gunther was superb on this show and put to bed the idea that he doesn't have a character or the ability to cut money promos. Admittedly, I haven't seen much, but between him and Santos Escobar on Smackdown I just watched the most exciting heel work I've seen all year. None of the *wink wink* dashes of irony or low-rent execution that ruins all of AEW's heat. Just proper irredeemable nasty bastards that are convincing as top heels and give life beyond Roman.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Awards Moderator
On 11/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, Supremo said:

If nothing else, it’s great to see how far we’ve come from when it would be Red T-shirts vs. Blue T-shirts. What a motley crew.

IMG_6899.thumb.jpeg.1190efb536aa80eb74e9e61018155389.jpeg

Looks like Dads at the school gates, making friends with each other despite having nothing in common.

Happy Families. social media marketer, roofer, estate agent, barista.

• Paid Members
On 11/14/2023 at 9:01 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think last night was the night the dream died. Fevered Twitter speculators must lay their thumbs to rest… it doesn’t look like he’s coming home.

Alas, I looked into his eyes. And what did I see? A former wrestling personality ?

On 11/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

The fans haven't responded to Punk really, despite Twitter being convinced he was coming in. We're in different times to a decade ago.

On 11/14/2023 at 6:30 PM, mim731 said:

I genuinely believe the chances of him turning up at Full Gear are higher than Survivor Series, but neither feels like a likely possibility. 

On 11/15/2023 at 12:55 PM, RedRooster said:

If he is to return (and I don't think he will, at any point)

cm punk wrestling GIF by WWE

Morning!

I’m delighted to have been wrong, so if I’m going down with that ship I’m doing so wearing a CM Punk shirt, with a party hat on my head and a Pepsi in my hand as I high five the rest of the doubting Thomas’ with my other hand.

Let’s go.

Cm Punk Aew On Tnt GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

• Paid Members

Spotted a pretty big clue on social media this morning, guys.

IMG_6937.thumb.jpeg.907fbff8a065f0ef825d7ffc0ce652ed.jpeg

Still doesn’t look or feel real. Bring on the chaos though. I wonder how, if at all, he’ll reference AEW and what led him here. Do you think his NDA is tight enough that he can’t say anything?  Not even a cheeky, “cry me a river,” down the camera lens, during his entrance? Absolutely insane to think CM Punk returned to WWE before Jack Perry returned to AEW.

But yeah, how do you even address the multiple, humongous elephants in the room?

“This company misdiagnosed me, forced me to keep working despite being severely ill, nearly killed me, destroyed my passion, ruined a lifelong friendship, fired me on my wedding day, sued me, tried to bleed millions in court costs…and I still prefer coming here to sharing a locker room with the Counterfeit Bucks.”

Best case scenario is Seth Rollins jumps the rail before he even gets going and we see a wild brawl filled with security and agents. That crazy fuck you energy from the Twitter clips after Survivor Series is the best thing Seth has done in as long as I can remember. He better keep it up. If he comes out dressed like a knobhead and cackling then he can get back in the bin where he belongs.