The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

To be fair to Seth, he has at least tried to reinvent himself. I mean, he's mainly done it through random nicknames and he doesn't really get how to wrestle as a character, but at least he's tried. 

I think a lot of the problem is he's a victim of the modern wrestling scene that created him. He's clearly inspired by the global wrestling scene, nicking moves and styles and chucking it altogether, but he's taken it out of context and blended it into a style that's pretty common anywhere. If you didn't know where he got the slingblade from it'd maybe be more impressive, but Japanese wrestling is more accessible than ever and everyone seems to have pinched that move. That and he's been able to wrestle that same style for ages and ages. Once upon a time his body would fallen apart by now and he'd have to evolve.  

This is going to sound like I'm wishing injury to him, I'm not because I'd rather just not bother to watch him than he gets hurt, but he's one of those wrestlers who I'd probably enjoy more after a couple more injuries and 10-20 more years of ring time. 

• Paid Members

Just got round to watching the Creed Brothers vs Alpha Academy from a couple of weeks ago, what an absolutely superb match that was. Alpha Academy are just great fun, always have good matches whether in singles or tags, and the Creeds look like something poentially special too.

I think last night was the night the dream died. Fevered Twitter speculators must lay their thumbs to rest… it doesn’t look like he’s coming home.

Orton will be the 5th man, and by the sounds of the Nakamur promo he’s going to attack Cody the Monday after Survivor Series and presumably feud with him through till Rumble time.

Alas, I looked into his eyes. And what did I see? A former wrestling personality ?

Fuck it, either send Savio Vega out there or just lean heavy into it with who does the ring announcing these days.

”And now…..joining Cody Rhodes’ team…….hailing from CHICAGO ILLINOIS!!!!!……………….David Otunga”

Anyone that thought Punk was coming back needs their head examined. Of course If I’m wrong about that I’ll issue a full apology first thing the Sunday morning

Edited by WyattSheepMask

If it is Orton, why would Cody or any of the others want him on their team? He double crosses everyone, absolutely cannot be trusted and is known for being a tad sadistic at times. Don’t be a fool, Cody. Call the other Legacy fella instead. I’m sure he’s not busy. 

Also, do we think Orton will be getting the Rey Mysterio at the Rumble treatment from the fans? He’s been gone long enough that people will be happy to see him back, but he’s not Punk. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

If it is Orton, why would Cody or any of the others want him on their team? He double crosses everyone, absolutely cannot be trusted and is known for being a tad sadistic at times. Don’t be a fool, Cody. Call the other Legacy fella instead. I’m sure he’s not busy. 

Also, do we think Orton will be getting the Rey Mysterio at the Rumble treatment from the fans? He’s been gone long enough that people will be happy to see him back, but he’s not Punk. 

The fans haven't responded to Punk really, despite Twitter being convinced he was coming in. We're in different times to a decade ago.

If they get through a PLE in Chicago without a crowd backlash, I think Punk's time at the top table may be gone for good.

The WWE audience isn’t really full of the takeover the show types anymore. AEW gave those fans a place to go. Even the RAW after Mania has just been like any other crowd. 

People in the crowd at WWE now seem to just enjoy the content, cheers the faces and boo the heels. It’s actively made for a better show to be honest.

I suspect Orton will be announced before the show also so that nobody goes in expecting anything else. They’ve been very keen to get the message out there not to expect Punk as they don’t want fans left thinking they’ve falsely advertised or hinted.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Now I’m fairly sure he’s just on the wind-up, this is actually very funny.

Yeah he's on a massive troll job there, and fair play to him. I genuinely believe the chances of him turning up at Full Gear are higher than Survivor Series, but neither feels like a likely possibility. 

Number 30 in the rumble seems way more likely to me at this stage, because aside from the Chicago return, I don't know what you do with him for the next couple of months otherwise without risking his body falling apart.